Remove or not

I think I have almost all of the magazines and articles on the Yellow Features. My dilemma is how to display them. I have tried spreading them out in the truck, but not many see them there and the wind keeps messing with them.

I am working on a new display for the car. I want to use the articles in the mags on it. I don't think the magazines really have any collector value except maybe to us. I have tried to copy the pages but the magazines don't want to lay flat in the copier, and then copies don't come out very good.

My question is do I cut the pages out or not. I do not plan on using them as they will get faded and maybe damaged. So I will use the copies on the display and save to originals to make replacements as needed.

I guess it comes down to cutting them up and then no value at all except to me. Or go with the copies that don't look so good.
Jerry

Comments

• Unless you want to keep the magazine whole, the best bet is to pull the staples out of the spline and take the magazine apart. That way you can better cut out the article you want. If you wish to display the individual article with your car, you could then use a colour photocopier to make really good copies, and then get the plastic slip covers for them from an office supply store. That way your original articles are kept nice and you can use the copies at car shows.
  • I took some to a copier store and they did a fine job copying them in color for me--not sure how they make the middles come out well, but try your local shop and do a couple of test pages?
  • I like the idea of pulling the staples.

My wife has a really good copier that will scan them as a picture then you can reprint on photo paper, makes great reproductions.

The copy store is a good idea also, maybe they can staple the magazines back together. I can keep the electronic copies to make more just in case.

Good ideas guys, Thx

I'll post pics when I have the new display finished.
  • Okay this project is now done, see if I can post a pic of it.
  • Nice job!
  • Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.