Preping for show season

edited April 2012 in Feature Mustangs
What projects does everyone have planned or underway getting ready for show season?

Today polished the underside of the hood, put in a new hood blanket, removed everything from the inner fenders and polished, put in a new battery. In the near future I'm putting in a correct NOS AC clutch and a correct embosed oil filter.

Hopefully before the GN show I want to get new tires and a new top.

Comments

• Its been a busy "off" season with mostly heavy detailing being done... I'm always surprised how dirty they get and they dont leave the garage very much...I am however planning some mods for our 93 Cobra all exhaust related.. BBK headder back with some good ole Flowmaster 40 series setting the tune....
  • I installed new weatherstrip around the doors this weekend (I can't find the exact part #, something like this http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/ite ... ct-Ford-Re).

It took longer than it should have because up around the latch the molding gets trimmed and looks weird in the factory placement. I didn't have any special adhesive so just tucked it in--I followed the write up from yellow mustang registry (it's linked on this forum somewhere).

I was happy though that it seems to have tightened up some of the door rattle I was noticing (not to mention got rid of the torn rubber around the door sill).