Feature car reunion - Carlisle, PA June 1-3, 2007

edited April 2007 in Feature Events
I have fully described this event on a page dedicated to the reunion but I though that I should also get a thread started in case anyone wants to discuss it. Also, since this Forum "claims" to discuss all events, I think that some people may just come here looking for information on events and miss the other page. This is one event that everyone should know about!

To summarize:
The first ever (as far as I know) gathering of 1992 and 1993 Feature Mustang LX 5.0 Convertibles is being planned for the 2007 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals from June 1-3, 2007 in Carlisle, PA. Following, is information that should answer some questions you might have. It is still very early in the planning process so everything is not yet known.
So far, I have 5 people (including myself) that are certain or fairly certain they are planning on attending. I also have 3 people that are less certain and might be able to attend.

I don't know if I mentioned this already but shortly after I posted my plans for Carlisle, I heard from someone who is in my registry AND is involved with Carlisle. He informed me that they were already talking about having some feature cars in their indoor display. They are planning to have one of each of year/color combination as well as a 1990 7-up Convertible for the indoor display. That is a really good tie in.

So, use this forum to discuss the event. I know it is still far off but we are going to need to do something all winter!

I'd like to start it out with the following question: should we include the 1990 7-up cars as well in our renunion?. I posted a poll on this and the majority of people (two thirds) have the opionion that they are feature cars. They have their own registry and site which has prevented me from extending this site to include them and potentially stepping on their toes but I don't know if they have get-togethers.

Comments

• Well since no one has replied to this post, I will.

I think you should include them. I have checked out their site and have looked for others. At this time it doesn't look like they have much going on at all. I couldn't find a members list, just an email to send your name to register your car.

If any one knows of another site, please let me know. Later, Jerry
  • OK, people. Time to register!!! I have revised the Carlisle information page to include the details you need to register. There are two key points:

1. Specify "triplewhitefox.com Feature Mustangs" as your club when registering. This will help the show planners know how many of us to expect.

2. Let me know once you have registered so I can assess where we stand. You can reply to this post or email me.

If we get enough people, we might want to consider arranging for the same hotel. I am going to see how responses to this go over the next few weeks before deciding on how to proceed with those arrangements. This is also because the next couple of weeks are going to be very busy for me and I don't know how much time I will have to devote to this site. I also plan to get an email out to the people who were interested in attending as well as possibly another bulk email out to everyone I know about with a feature car. This will take more work as I have to do a lot of work on my mailing list as to not mail anyone who does not have a feature car anymore or who expressed that they cannot attend. I also need to email the Carlisle people again to remind them that we are "organizing" as a club.
  • Hello again.

After some searching, I have decided on a hotel to stay at. It's the Holiday Inn in Mechanicsburg which is about 15 miles away. To me, it seems to be the best combination of proximity, availability, a decent place to stay and pricing. It's also an official lodging sponsor of Carlisle events. I plan to arrive there on Thursday. I don't know how many people to expect so I am not able to work with them for some type of group arrangement as I had originally hoped.

Everyone is welcome to join me there!

Here are the details:

Holiday Inn
    HARRISBURG-WEST

5401 CARLISLE PIKE
    MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050 UNITED STATES
    Hotel Front Desk: 1-717-6970321
    Hotel Fax: 1-717-6975917
    http://www.hiharrisburgwest.com
  • The people at Carlisle have informed me that they are still looking for a triple white to include in their indoor display. They are looking for a "perfect" car. I take that as meaning one that is 100% stock and perhaps even 100% original. If you own or know of such a car please let me know. There is an application to fill out to be considered for the spot. Read it for important information on the requirements for attendance.

If you contact me, I can put you directly in touch with the right people.