$1500 1992 Feature and movie car?

edited July 2012 in Feature Mustangs
Not mine--just linking to the craigs ad--plus a link to a youtube video? Upcoming movie car? Interesting. Though I doubt this movie will be hitting a big screen near you or me anytime soon.

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/3012064087.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL5QH065 ... e=youtu.be

Comments

• That's not a bad lookin car for the askin price. Even with a slipping transmission. I'd buy it if it was closer. And if the wife would let me. :-)
  • I contacted them with questions about the car. Since I bought my YB out of Fort Collins Colorado and had it shipped here for about $900.00 it would still be a great deal and it would get the car here for around $2,500.00. I could unload the 5 speed '92 then and possibly only do a TV cable adjustment to fix the tranny problem. I love driving the 5 speed cars but I am getting to be a lazy old fart so the YB will do as an only 5 speed in my collection if this works out.

They might be calling a slipping tranny a fast-shifting tranny at certain rpms and speed due to a TV cable problem. Note "recently serviced" in the ad, what, replace leaky valve cover gaskets and remove upper plenum to do so? That would mean the TV cable was removed/disconnected too.

I have been waiting for pictures from a guy selling an inexpensive YW, which would COMPLETE my collection across the board but the guy hasn't gotten any to me in several weeks.

We'll see.
  • I contacted them with questions about the car. Since I bought my YB out of Fort Collins Colorado and had it shipped here for about $900.00 it would still be a great deal and it would get the car here for around $2,500.00. I could unload the 5 speed '92 then and possibly only do a TV cable adjustment to fix the tranny problem. I love driving the 5 speed cars but I am getting to be a lazy old fart so the YB will do as an only 5 speed in my collection if this works out.

They might be calling a slipping tranny a fast-shifting tranny at certain rpms and speed due to a TV cable problem. Note "recently serviced" in the ad, what, replace leaky valve cover gaskets and remove upper plenum to do so? That would mean the TV cable was removed/disconnected too.

I have been waiting for pictures from a guy selling an inexpensive YW, which would COMPLETE my collection across the board but the guy hasn't gotten any to me in several weeks.

We'll see.
    Keep us posted if you get it
  • It was a nice thought, but they never got back to me. I would have called them if there was a number in their ad. That is what I did with the car in Colorado. A car that inexpensive would be worth it for anyone to check on shipping charges to buy.

The guy in Colorado sent me all kinds of pictures of the car due to these cars being as bad with frame and floor rust as the classic 60s Mustangs.
  • Anyone have the contact info of the owner of this car? Ad has expired.
  • It was a nice thought, but they never got back to me. I would have called them if there was a number in their ad. That is what I did with the car in Colorado. A car that inexpensive would be worth it for anyone to check on shipping charges to buy.

The guy in Colorado sent me all kinds of pictures of the car due to these cars being as bad with frame and floor rust as the classic 60s Mustangs.
    Was that the one with the slit in the roof (if I remember right)? My ex-girlfriend lives out in Lakewood and went to school in Fort Collins. I think I may have a screen shot of that ad... lol. If it weren't for the fact I was putting money aside to move out to CO, I was tempted to buy it and stick it on her parent's ranch in Joe's, CO (ironic, I know). Glad to see it go to a good home.