1992 Feature Car

edited July 2012 in Feature Mustangs
I was at an auto auction this weekend in Raleigh NC and saw a 1992 5sp Feature Car up on the block. It only had 380 miles and it was a no sale at 24K the reserve was 28K. I was a beautiful car, I had a chance to check it out up close. It was basically a new 20 year old new car. I have some cell phone photos I will try to post later.

Comments

• What a gem!! I bet there are only a handful of those type of feature cars out there. Of any kind! I would have love to seen that prestine example in person.

By the way, glad to see you on the forum. Post away. Would love to hear about your car!
  • As promised, here are the pictures I took of the car..
    aa846f02.jpg

7fb10f7c.jpg

1645136f.jpg
  • Wow!! That feature looks amazing! I bet it felt like you were going back in time looking at it. Like she was sittin' on the dealers show room floor.

I wish mine looked that perfect.
  • If money were no object that would be a cool car to own but really what can you do w/ a 20yo car that only has 400 miles? You really can't drive it; every mile would devalue the car by $X. If it's not been started and moved regularly the seals will all be dried out and any number of long term storage issues.

It is a beauty.
  • If money were no object that would be a cool car to own but really what can you do w/ a 20yo car that only has 400 miles? You really can't drive it; every mile would devalue the car by $X. If it's not been started and moved regularly the seals will all be dried out and any number of long term storage issues.

It is a beauty.
    I'm thinking it would make a good parts car... :lol:

Awesome--thanks for sharing. Those of us with cars >400 miles like to see the original fit and finishes.
  • I'm with tulsaBill... I wouldn't want a car I couldn't drive once in awhile. BTW.. did the 92 cars come without the plastic wiper motor cover? This car didn't have one, and my Dad's 92 feature car doesn't have one either. But my 93 triple white does.
  • I believe it was only on '93 cars. My '92 doesn't have one either.
  • Wiper motor covers carry a 1992 (F2Z) number in the plastic and if my memory serves me correctly I have seen them on 4 cylinder 1992s in the wrecking yards. It could be like rare 2-post factory headrests in mid-1968 year Mustangs, early 1968s don't have them but late '68s do. In 1969 they went to the single rectangular post headrests and that post is what was still in use in our Fox mustangs.

Of course 4 cylinders are what I usually see in the wrecking yards of any Fox Mustangs, V-8s just don't seem to come into the yards I go to. I would say Ford found there was a problem with water getting into the wiper motors where they were mounted after years of making the cars and made the motor covers to divert the water away from the motors in mid-to-late 1992.