COUNT DOWN TO CARLISE IS ON!!

edited May 2007 in Feature Events
Fords at Carlise is counting down the day till our arrival. How many features are expected? Get em clean and ready for a great show. I am looking forward to seeing all the cars and meeting some of the folks who post on this awesome site. Take care. Sincerely Chet

Comments

• Unfortunately, I haven't had any additions since I last updated the list. The number is currently still at 11.

I am currently trying to find out from everyone what days they will be attending and whether they will park at the tent that is reserved or on the general show field. The difference in location is that to be part of the competition your car has to be on the show field. The advantage of the tent location is that we can all be located together and have an increased opportunity for great photos. I hope that everyone considers the tent location and forgoes the competition for this reason. This information will help Carlisle and me in the organizing of the event. Feel free to reply here with the answers.

I have continued to be in contact with a gentleman from NJ who has a club that has a number of feature cars (4). They have not registered yet, but, he expects them to be registering in early May. For this reason, I have not yet counted them in.

I also have a list of a several people who have stated that they might attend. I just sent emails to them inquiring as to whether a decision has been made.

Hopefully others will consider attending, as well. If you are on the fence please please please consider joining us..

And, if anyone has any additional ideas on getting the word out please let us know.
  • Hey I will be hanging out at the tent. Maybe if we get enough Green, Red, White and Yellow features one of the magazines will shoot some pics of the cars all together. That would be cool. Sincerely Chet
  • My thoughts exactly on the magazine possibilities.

Speaking of photo opportunities, on Friday, there is a Pony Drive being coordinated by CJ Pony Parts which is nearby in Harrisburg. From what I understand they start around 8:30 AM and run for about 50-60 miles until about noon. There is not much information on their web site. It might be a nice way to get the weekend started. I haven't decided to do it yet but one person joining us is doing the drive, as well.
  • I know this is a little late for this discussion but I have been thinking about the tent.

I remembered reading the brochure on clubs and seeing pictures of tents at Carlisle and they had banners. I see a bunch of banner printing places online that seem like they can fit the bill but I am looking to do this on the cheap. Does anyone have access to banner printing services that may be discounted, etc.

I still haven't decided what to put on it but it would be nice to have something to tell the world who we are. My fall back plan is to print a sign as a 23 x 35 poster and get a cheap frame for it explaining what our cars are all about.

I also encourage people to bring chairs. The foldable ones would be perfect. We can use them under the tent. I am also trying to figure out if a table might be appropriate for the tent and how I can get one there.

I'm open to any suggestions.