My "New to Me" 1992 Feature Convertible Seat Covers

Thanks TWF! I am so thankful that you run pictures of and links to e-Bay ads at the top of the Forums screens!

I saw this ad... http://www.ebay.com/itm/110951205405?ss ... 1497.l2649 ...and then saw the person selling the seat covers was right here in sunny (most of the time) Florida!

I saw the bid was as low as a measley $25.00 or so and figured I would NEVER win this set of seat covers!

I threw out a $100.00 maximum bid and knew the auction ended about 3 or 4 days in the future. I forgot all about the auction the day before it was supposed to end.

I got in from work that night, fed the dogs and signed onto the internet, opened my e-mail, and e-Bay's "you won the item" message came in. I was shocked!

Well, I HATE UPS, but these came UPS from Bradenton and were here the next day (Friday after the auction, after I paid for them). MORONS (UPS that is), I call on Monday to get the package held at the Ocala center on Tuesday, and as usual the liars that work there told me it would be there on Tuesday. I took time off of work to get there on time, and it wasn't. I have had 12 years of problems with the Ocala UPS center. I never had these problems with the Lakeland center when I lived south of here. Anyway, I was busy the rest of last week so the call center (toll free customer service) had the package held for me until tomorrow and I picked it up tonight.

These seat covers are in fantastic condition! I look forward to installing them, right after I replace the convertible top!

Anyway, a long time ago I tried buying a pair of seats from someone up in a northern state, that was selling them on this site in the for sale section. That sale went south (no pun intended) for some reason and the seller stopped communicating with me, maybe because I was here and asked about seperating the seats in halves and shipping them in 4 smaller packages. I am so happy these seat covers came up for sale, it makes the other transaction woes all worth it!

As I tell people, when you think you have found the best deal ever, just remember, there are BETTER deals out there, you just have to be patient!

Just like those elusive 1992 factory date coded plug wires, it took years to find some, but they were finally found!

Thanks again TWF!!

Comments

• Great find! Good things come to those who wait! (and the internet don't hurt either)
    Congrats
  • Thanks TWF! I am so thankful that you run pictures of and links to e-Bay ads at the top of the Forums screens!
    Thanks again TWF!!
    Hey, I'm glad to hear those links were valuable to you. A lot of what appears up there is hand picked by me. I'm not sure how I came across those but I am glad you got them. I have a bunch of saved searches that I use and then screen the items before they actually get added.

That's neat about how you forgot about the bid and were surprised that it was yours! I've burned myself by taking the opposite approach and putting off a bid until the last minute only to forget to bid and then see the item go with one bid to someone else.