My Latest e-Bay Purchase, and the Transformation for Use in my YB

About a week ago I decided to do an extensive search for some black running pony floor mats with the embroidered running pony emblems on them. I searched several different word combinations and came across this e-Bay auction... http://www.ebay.com/itm/200843765919?ss ... 1423.l2649 ...and couldn't believe the Buy It Now price on the floor mats. I realized these probably wouldn't be an exact fit, as outlined by others here, but took a chance and bought them. The floor mats had a discounted price of $11.24 so for around $26.00 I had my experimantal floor mats.

The floor mats came by UPS last Friday and the first thing I did was sit them in my YB, and yes they are a bit wide, but they have the running pony embroidery on them so I really wasn't concerned about the fit. Now to find something to change the pony color to yellow, as it is a silver-ish color. I go to WalMart and they have yellow Sharpie markers in a pack of 10 or more colors so I wasn't about to buy all those markers to get one yellow marker. I searched online and found individual Sharpie markers available in packs of 12, so I say nah, too many, and passed on them too. So, sitting at my computer yesterday I remembered Staples and Office Depot are in the area. I call Staples and get left on eternal hold, so I call Office Depot. It took two calls to Office Depot because one person there must not have known how to put a call on hold and I got cut off. An Office Depot employee tells me they sell individual yellow Sharpie markers. I go to Office Depot today and they offer two yellow variations. I bought two of each.

I took before, during and after photos. I cleaned the embroidery first with Turtle Wax Carpet Cleaner, let it dry in front of a fan and vacuumed it off. I used the lighter yellow Sharpie marker first, one on each mat in case the ink went faster than expected, and put two coats on each embroidered pony. Then I took the darker yellow Sharpie marker and went over the lighter yellow color. I could definitely see the difference in the color as I applied it. Anyway, for about $35.00 I have my home-made yellow running pony floor mats.

Anyone wondering if doing something like this would work, it does, and you don't have to spend $399.00 to get some floor mats for your car.

In case anyone else wants to take the time to do something like this thereis another auction running on e-Bay (at the time I am posting this thread) with the later model floor mats listed at $39.99 or so, without shipping.

Comments