For Sale: NOS set of 4 Chrome Pony wheels $1400

edited February 2013 in For sale/wanted
Selling a set of 4 NOS new in the box Chrome Pony wheels. They were $400 a piece before they went obsolete. New in original boxes with center caps and assembly line green stickers. Call Tom 301-717-2663.

Comments

• Funny thing, a set of Ford Racing chrome Ponys is on e-Bay now too. It seems like once someone has something unique for sale they pop up all over.

I can buy 1987 - 1993 Mustang GT headlight switches at Napa (or used to be able to) with the factory E7ZZ white painted part numbers on them, just like the O.E. switch that went bad. They are the same as those manufactured for Ford in every detail, and likely bought at the same place, but they come in a Napa labeled box.

I guess yours are in the correct F3ZZ Ford wheel boxes though, unlike the e-Bay wheels.

You couldn't tell once the part is out of the box and on the car though.

Ford Racing to me is like the emissions stickers one of the restoration places is selling on e-Bay as factory decals. When they arrived they wound up being stamped Ford Licensed, which I promptly returned to them for a refund.

Your wheels are a bit pricey for me, but I bet they are nice. Just F.Y.I., when I went looking for spare chrome Pony center caps about a year ago just to have, the Ford dealership in Puerto Rico still had 5 N.O.S. caps in their inventory. They were something like $155.00 each back then.

I found someone in Orlando selling a New Old Stock 1993 white Pony wheel a few years ago, but the $100.00 that I got it for, in the Ford box, was a deal.

Good luck. I am sure you will sell them. I have seen people advertise used ones with tires for as much as $800.00.
  • Those are mine on ebay. The Ford Racing ones are the same as Ford. Same Ford stampings/engravings on wheel backs. If you were to walk into Ford dealer in 1993 and buy one it would have come without center cap. These have center caps. Would love to keep but a new project has consumed some money and I need to sell a few parts.
  • Definitely a nice find on your part.

I am fortunate to have the YB parts car here and it has two 1993 dated chrome Ponys that aren't starting to peel or pit yet. Two of the wheels are starting to pit, making me wonder if heat from dragging brake pads might cause the chrome on the wheels to fail prematurely. I just can't remember if those wheels are dated before or after my YB driver is dated. I actually want to try to fix the YB parts car in the future but am waiting a couple of years in case there is some statute that could have the car taken back from me by the totaling insurance company in my state. I have time to replace the wheels if I remove any from the car.

I want to carry full-sized spares in my cars some day, hence the need for additional wheels.

The new white pony wheel that I bought a few years ago is dated in the late 90s or early 00s, if I remember correctly.
  • Sold..Wish I could say they went to a feature car owner but buyer has a nice 93 Reef Blue vert.
  • I have recently been listing a bunch of my railroad collection for sale and sold a bunch of the old raised reflector steel crossbucks to someone and some old railroad depot signs to someone else. Even though I hope they all went to people that would keep them and enjoy them as much as I have, I figure the people bought them for other reasons, likely to resell, because of what I have seen them selling for on e-Bay.

The important thing is, they have sold.

Your wheels went to a Fox owner, that is good. They are a nice looking set of wheels. Congratulations.