Can anyone tell me what this is, from '92 convertible boot bag?

edited April 2013 in Feature Mustangs
I found this in my convertible boot bag, it appears to have a ford part # on the tag, F2...
It looks like it is made of carpet material but softer with tabs on the back...

Comments

• Maybe a case for the lug wrench? I don't think it's an original 92 item however.
  • Actually, I just googled the part #' F2ZZ61042N54A, should have done this first... It's an "instrumental panel cover" I'm guessing you'd need Velcro tabs to attach it.
  • It is interesting to know that Ford made or offered a dash mat, I am guessing from the cut outs that look like they are made to allow the defrosters to blow air on the windshield, in 1992. I figure if you stretch it out is crosses the dash from end to end, yes? Something else to look for now.

Nice/lucky find.
  • Thanks. Yes, the cut outs go around the defrost and it is fitted to the dash, see pic of it installed. NOSpartsltd looks they have them for $40...
  • Thanks for the additional picture. I need to go check them out. I found a plain-jane red after-market dash mat in the local wrecking yard that I frequesntly go to, and put that in my daughter's tri-colored interior 1989 GT convertible. I need to see what the different suffixes represent too. I searched the part number yesterday bad didn't have time to investigate my search findings.

Just when you think you've found everything Ford offered for these cars another one pops up. When my 1992 was bought and I saw it had the garage door opener in the driver's visor I thought I had found something unusual.

Thanks again.
  • WOW ! Thought I had seen it all,,, not to old to learn ! That is the 1st for me.
  • Yeah, that's great. Thanks for sharing.
  • I inquired about the different part number suffixes on the parts they had and one of the people there replied and here is the difference one to the other...

"Suffix ending with “A” would be a Black.
    Suffix ending with “B” would be Crystal Blue
    Suffix ending with “D” would be Opal Grey
    Suffix ending with “E” would be Maroon."

...and seeing there may be a "C" suffix part there could be other colors too. I ordered a couple from their stock today and they are on their way. Thanks again.
  • The dash mats came in the other day and I went to the Post Office yesterday to pick them up.

These dash mats actually come in the same style and color boxes that the bra and hood protectors come in, just smaller. The grey one looks pretty good on the dash of my 7-Up convertible and I am tossed up on which car to install the black one in.