Feature Mustang Hats

First, upon logging into post this, I see the link on the top of the site. Thanks John for the surprise!

These last few months have been nothing short of interesting for me for a multitude of reasons. During this period, I have given a lot of thought about how and where I could take my small side business to a new level. In order for me to do this, I had to make a significant amount of changes to allow future expansion. I originally thought I was going to roll out the "revised" Show Car Customs starting in March, but to my surprise, it is coming much earlier, the first stage which was just released.

Most recently, I have been in communication with multiple car companies to learn what their restrictions and requirements are to design, create, and sell licensed items. In order to meet those requirements, I have to start somewhere now. I have decided to start out by selling things like posters, canvas prints, shirts, hats, etc.

I have been researching baseball cap brands and looking at potential vendors and the services they provide. Now at the end of the research, I am having a small, low-quantity run order made to try the company out. I thought about what to do, realized I already had an LX Mustang convertible outline, and then decided it would be a good test product. After talking with John, it was agreed that this would be a good test market. So here they are!

Over the next few months, expect to see lots of other products. Not sure when the next Feature-specific product will come out, but expect to see more (mostly because I'm partial... lol)! In addition to these caps being available on the site, I also have a Special Service Package (SSP) Mustang poster rolling out as well. The posters are currently being made and will be ready to ship in about 2 weeks.

Regular price is $26.00 each. Pre-order price is $22.00 each. If you use the Coupon Code "twfssp15" when checking out, you'll get an additional 15% off, making it just $18.70 each when pre-ordered. This coupon is only valid on the Fox Feature Mustang caps and the SSP poster and expires February 1st. If you have any questions, just let me know!

*** NOTE: These caps will be a one-time only run. Once they are sold, they'll be gone forever. These are going to be 3D "puff" embroidered (as opposed to traditional flat embroidery) and will begin production on February 4th, so I'm free to change quantities up to February 1st. You can expect to have them in your possession as early as the second full week in February. I will be adding just a couple extras of each color to the order, so if you're certain you want one, I suggest placing an order soon!

Direct Link: Click Here

Here is the ad I'll be putting out soon...
predesprod-twfcap.jpg

Comments

• In for one!

I totally like the idea of limited time offering for items.

Like I said in my email, if you want to customize the banner just send me something or I could even reference it from your site. I even wouldn't be offended if you wanted to do an animated GIF. Just not too much flashing. You are a good friend and I don't mind showing my support.
  • Thanks again John! I like the plain and simple logo on top. If I decide to change it later, I'll let you know!
  • Will these be on Otto brand caps? I have had a lot of good long-time wear with this brand with City logos embroidered on them by a local company that provides our uniform shirts. I might be in for one of each, what about the 7-Up convertible, anything in green and white (green hat, white embroidery) too? John, I still need to get something in the mail to you too for windshield decals. Are online transactions the only way to purchase these or can I do a USPS Money Order for them? Thanks in advance.
  • Indeed they will be the Otto cap brand! In my research, I have found that the Otto caps are noted most for their long wear and construction. I'm glad to hear of your success with them.

I'll look into the green tonight and tomorrow. I want to make sure "7-Up" isn't copyrighted anywhere. 7-Up had some legal issues a year or two ago and strapped down on their brand due to the constant changes over the years to the branding policies. If it is copyrighted in text, than I won't do it at this time just because buying the copyright would cause the price of the cap to be a few hundred each... lol! If it's not copyrighted, then I'll be more than happy to add it.

Is the last question for me or John? If it's for John, please disregard the rest of this paragraph. If it is for me, you can sign up at the site and put them in your cart and order with credit/debit card, paypal, check/money order, or if you are adding custom order items (such as show boards, business cards, etc), you can select "Submit for Quote". Items will not ship until payment is cleared.

***A note about the website and shipping***
    I am working on an update to the website. I'm changing the checkout system to a one-page checkout system to fix a glitch in appearance where you have to click the actual words for payment and shipping options. If you click the words, it will function fine and is still safe and secure. If for some reason it doesn't, please contact me immediately. As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, you can PM me here or e-mail/call me from the contact form on my site .

Due to increasing prices in shipping, I'm taking $1.00 off of the actual shipping cost and supplying all of the packaging for free. Due to the rising prices of USPS shipping as of 1/27 and a phone call I got the other day from FedEx, I might be changing my shipping arrangements from USPS to FedEx. Plus, due to a package I recently had USPS send to my house, it put a bad flavor in my mouth when I got it.
  • Due to the trademark restrictions of 7-Up, I'm going to pass on making hats right now. There is no way I can get all the legal work done in a few days to be placed with this order, but it is something I'll continue to work on! :)
  • I will settle for the same, Limited Edition, which is what I was thinking about, to stay in line with the others. NADA lists the 1990s the same way as the 1992s and 1993s, Limited Edition, if that will work. I will contact you tomorrow or Friday to discuss this more. I will be looking for one of each, and a green version with white embroidery, if you do some (again, 7-Up not needed on it, just the same format as the others). Thanks.
  • Send me an e-mail at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:joe@showcarcustoms.com">joe@showcarcustoms.com</a><!-- e --> and I'll send you an image of what I had in mind. Doing one with just "Limited Edition" on it will be relatively easy.
  • I wanted to update everyone here on a recent change. The cap will, in essence, look the same, however the image is going to be larger. When I saw what it would look like at the original size with the 3D embroidery, it just didn't look right, so I re-created the images to be wider and all around larger. Also, because I added a fourth cap and doubled the thread count on all of them, it will be regular embroidery. I really liked the idea of adding the other limited edition to the mix, so I found a happy medium in between for all of them, sacrificing one design element for the benefit of adding another while maintaining quality. These will remain the pique knit caps, even though they are twice the price! Here is a sample of what the larger image will look like...

cy-test-lg.jpg

Keep in mind, the coupon code is only valid 'til the end of TODAY , February 1st. After that, the caps will be the price as marked on the site!

Please note that these images are mock-ups and are not the actual items. I will post pictures as soon as I receive them!
  • Just wanted to update everyone here on the website... I'm working on an update to the checkout process as we speak. If you have any issues or questions, just e-mail me (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:joe@showcarcustoms.com">joe@showcarcustoms.com</a><!-- e -->) or call me 207-200-5780. Thanks!
  • Really sharp hats....
  • Just as an FYI... I'm done testing the updated checkout and will be upgrading the site over the next few minutes. If you receive a message stating that the site is having maintenance done, it means that the new files and final testing on the live site is being conducted. It should be fine in a few minutes after I change everything over.

In this upgrade, it should also fix the cart error when adding new products. Come to find out, if you are running Windows 7 and using Firefox or IE, the website security would sometimes prevent some products from being added until the user cleared their cache and history. Luckily, this was the only issue (2 people experienced it) out of the several thousand visits the site has received. IMO, not bad for a new website! I have readjusted some things to fix this. In addition, it will have a true one-page checkout system in the next day or two.

Link to Pre-Designed Products
  • Got an e-mail today and decided to post the demo cap they finalized for me. The rest of them are now in final production and are expected to have them around the end of next week. They will then be shipped!

Link to purchase

CT-Feat-Cap.JPG
  • Looks great! Just got an email that mine is shipping. Can't wait!
  • They came in today! Tomorrow I'll be going to FedEx to drop them off. Everyone who ordered will receive them within 2-5 days (depending on how far west you are from ME). I have some extras and I currently have some on eBay.

Link to Purchase

feature-lineup.jpg
    7upcap.jpg
  • I've still got a few of these left. Once they're gone, they're gone. If I have any when Carlisle takes place, I'll be bringing them.

Due to the high eBay fees, I'll only list them when they run promotions from here on out. When all is said and done, it cost me over $5 just to sell one on eBay. No wonder everyone calls it ePay and FeeBay!

You can purchase them on the SCC website here.
  • Do you have any Vibrant red ones left? :-)
  • Do you have any Vibrant red ones left? :-)
    Yup... http://www.showcarcustoms.com/scc/store ... ibrant-red

Love the screen name by the way!
  • Doing some more upgrades to the website this weekend, so I'm temporarily disabling the registration. Since I'm a youth leader at the church and am having a youth weekend, I'll be working on it sporadically, so to anyone who wants to place an order, feel free to e-mail me <joe@showcarcustoms.com> or call me (207-200-5780). Everything but registration is fully functional, so anyone who has placed an order online, you'll still be able to login.
  • Just a quick note... hats will be brought to Carlisle in early June. They will be sold for $25 each.

The Yellow Mustang Registry is once again going out on their Carlisle tent again this year and is decorating their tent in a patriotic theme. In addition, they have made arrangements with the Wounded Warriors Foundation to accept donations at their tent, so John and I have arranged that $5 from every hat sale will be given to the Wounded Warriors Foundation on behalf of the club.

If anyone wants me to put one or more aside for them, just let me know.