preventing black marks from seat belts in rear seats

edited September 2013 in Feature Mustangs
It looks like I always end up with black stains from the rear seat belts rubbing against the white leather. I've tried leaving the seat belts fastened even though no one ever sits back there to see if there was any difference but no...I still see black stains from them.

I'm treating the leather again next weekend and I was thinking of just tucking the seat belts away all together...but I think that may look a little tacky.

Do you guys do anything in particular to prevent the stains from happening?

Comments

• If you like having the seat belts extended and clasped perhaps wrapping cheap dollar or two dollar white Walmart towels around the seat belts may help. When you show the car just take them off. If you want to get fancy and know somebody that knows how to use a sewing machine have them sew on some velcro to where the towel ends meet to keep them closed around the seat belts and keep them in place.

I kept $6.00 Walmart bath towels in white with black end stripes on my TW front seats for a while. They stretched across the seats from under the the headrests (to hold them up) to the seat bottom ends. I took them out to wash them and haven't put them back in. I keep forgetting to. I did it to keep the white leather clean.