Windshield Weatherstrip

edited June 2007 in Feature Mustangs
Had my windshield replaced today and had a set of NOS seals for around the windshield ordered. Just picked up the car and they are actually more shrunk than my old ones. My advice is do not order these seals as you will be no better off than the ones on your car now. Do not waste the money. I do not believe anybody repros these either.

Comments

• You are right on the fact that no one makes a repro of the weatherstrip. I was lucky enough to find a pair that had not shrunk. I also think that you would be fine not to replace them as well. Take care.
  • I guess I am mad expecting a correct fit and not two shrunk up pieces of rubber in Ford plastic. I waited a week for these to get here and had the glass shop make sure they could get me in today so I could get to Carlisle by tomorrow afternoon. I guess the bright spot is maybe I can find and un shrunk set at Carlisle but I will test fit them before buying another set. I cant afford to throw more money away :D
  • Hi,
    I think your installer screwed these up for you.
    I bought a set of these from my Ford dealer they were from some old Ford stock. I bought them in December and installed them myself in March when it warmed up. They should not be shrunk up, stiff maybe. When I installed them I had to trim them to fit. About 1 1/2" on the bottom ends and about 2" on 1 of the top edge pieces. You have to really work them into the corners to get a good fit before you trim the ends off.
    Just for reference here are the part No#s
    E9ZZ-7603161-A
    E9ZZ-7603160-A
    They cost me $36.00 each an $6.00 freight

Here's a link to a couple pics of them:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jburnsfamilyfun/

Also, my personal experience when these were not on the car and I got caught in the rain. At Hwy speed the rain gets blown up under the trim and the only thing to stop it is a piece of foam weather strip on the top edge of the window frame, that unless it has been replaced is rotted and the water ends up running along the interior window trim until it finds a way out or sets there and starts rusting things.

Later, Jerry