Mustang 50th - Charlotte

Comments

• I'm for it, all Feature getting together would be great, Tim one of our club member will also have his 93 yellow/black there also!
  • We are getting close to the MORE parking deadline. MORE, that's where you can park with a group but outside the speedway. To me, the biggest benefit is that you can come and go as you please where you can't do that when parking inside. TWF is not doing it as a group. There was one group mentioned here (SSP) and your local group might be doing it. So, is anyone doing MORE parking with another group? I'm considering it but worry that I might miss out on something if I park outside. Will I?
  • I am parked inside the speedway but worry that I can't leave before 5 pm. Parking outside might be better.
  • edited March 2014
    If anyone wants to park outside and would like to join the SSP's, please e-mail Bill at whr44@msn.com immediately. The MCA contacted him today to remind him of the deadline for a finalized list. We have 37 registered, only 15 or so will actually be SSP's. Just tell him you're one of the Feature guys/gals and that you know 5pt0joe. Also include your name, address, phone and e-mail address.

As far as I know, there is no major difference other than the fact that you can come and go as you please if parked outside.
  • Joe, such a timely message. I've been flip flopping on inside vs. outside for the last 5 days and was in the process of a final decision as I saw your post. I decided on outside. I just sent an email to Bill.
  • Timing is everything... lol.
  • I added my name to the MORE parking as well. It will be nice to see some special editions parked together....thanks for the info
  • Is there going to be any (GATHERING) points, along the way to Charlotte?
  • I am driving down with a group from my local club from chicago. We are going through Knoxville. We are stopping there Tuesday night to arrive in Charlotte Wednesday early afternoon. If you are going that way we can meet up.
  • Due to work, We are not going down until Thur. But could get together, to eat Tues evening.Exit (398 StrawPlains Exit) has good dining and Lodging????
  • I am now heading down early due to work and will arrive Monday afternoon in Charlotte. Are any special edition owners up for a cruise to and dinner at this hole in the wall diner that is supposed to have one f the best fried chickens in Charlotte? I am thinking about Thursday evening. Here is the link. Safe travels to all going to Charlotte!

http://diamondcharlotte.com/about
  • Have a safe trip everyone. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon. Stopping in PA to visit family. Then driving Tuesday night and will arrive at the speedway at 8am Wed to setup.

Feel free to stop by booth #8 indoors to say hi!
  • I just arrived in Charlotte. Weather looks good. To anyone coming to Charlotte out of Tennessee on 40E -- once you hit North Carolina there are North Carolina state troopers from mile marker 20 every few miles so be careful of your speed. Safe travels !
  • Thanks for warning us. Have a safe trip everyone. Right now my biggest unknown is where I'll wash my car once I'm there. :)
  • From a post on MCA site..Looked on Google maps...The only self serve car wash I found was the Lancaster's car wash (380 McGill Avenue Northwest, Concord, NC 28027) about 7 miles from the speedway. there are a few up by I 85, but there drive thru style...
  • Thanks. I thought I saw one posted on the MCA forums but when I looked recently I couldn't find the post. I guess I didn't look close enough. I was on my way to that car wash you mentioned and passed another at 849 Concord Pkwy N also in Concord. Bert's Suds Shop. Four bays of self service. Seems like it should be open 24 hours.
  • Looking forward to this weekend...still have some detailing to be done....hope to be there tomorrow afternoon.
  • Not sure what everyone's plans are, but tomorrow night I'll be getting together with a few for dinner. If anyone wants to join us for dinner, feel free to give me a call or text 207-200-5780. So far it's just three of us. Not sure where we are going yet though. If by 4:00pm I get a lot of interest, I may make a reservation for 6:30 somewhere. If anyone has recommendations, feel free to let me know.
  • I looked at the local places and they have "Quaker Steak & Lube". Looked at their menu and they have a "Mustang" chicken or burger. Sounds interesting! Restaurant is car themed and known for their wings I guess.
  • We are planning on Hooter's around 6 p.m. this evening.
  • Said Hi to 5pt0joe seen Hoffys TWF,,, who else is here at Charlotte, I am in MORE parking 2 beside a 93yellow/black Feature right in front of the original owners Mustangs.
  • Tom (noac) and Terry are parked inside near the Ford tents today with their white and yellow feature cars. I was next to Hoffy this morning although I haven't talked to him in person yet. I'm driving a 2014 red GT. I saw your car earlier. I will keep looking for you.
  • I was at the show but left to get some beers and food. Love the show but food is not the best
  • Hoffy, that is very true. Expensive, too. We had lunch at Hooters and then went to the Daniel Carpenter factory/museum in the afternoon. That was awesome. I'm pretty sure we saw your triple white in the parking lot when we were leaving.
  • As a heads up... I have my remaining hats left for the Feature Cars in the Sprint Cup Garage. Come on in, buy a hat and stay dry while you visit! Look tor the tables full of toys! Hats are $20ea.
  • You can see a Yellow and Emerald Green Saleen!
    http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showt ... #post36270

I will be heading over to browse with some folks from the SSP group. Not sure what day/time we're going, but everyone here is free to come on over at the same time if you want.
    That Saleen is one of a very few Saleen 7-Up Cars. Very rare, I believe 10 were converted.

• I saw that Saleen 7-up. It was very cool to see it. Today was a washout. We really tried at spend some time at the show. We went, sat in the car watching it rain, didn't get out and left to go to the mall and finally went back for a short time of about an hour during which we got soaked from the blowing rain. We then bailed to do other things in the area. We're heading home tomorrow morning first thing. 12 hours of driving ahead of us with work and school on Monday. I hope everyone enjoys the improved weather tomorrow.
  • I left Saturday morning as well once I saw the weather forecast. I made it back to chicago in one day. My TWF did all 12 hours with only gas breaks. That speaks to how durable the old 302 ford engine is. Safe travels to everyone.
  • Just got home...had a great time. Saw some nice Feature cars, Got to see the 93 Yellow Saleen car is person 1 of 1 which was cool.
  • I hope everyone got home safely and enjoyed the event. Did everyone get a chance to see the unique cars displayed in the more lot. There were some awesome ponies with great stories.