Rear window problems

So my passenger side rear window won't go up anymore. The motor works and I can hear it clicking. I guess I'll have to take the rear interior apart and fix it. Since I have to take the back seat out I may go ahead and do both at that same time. I see LRS sells and upgrade kit with beefier parts. Anyone have experience with this work?

Comments

• I have not replaced any internals,but did have the same issue with my 92 GT and on my 93. Did manage to get the window back up, it is a very tight place to work,my advice to you is PATIENCE. I personally would not tear into the other one, as long as it works. Sorry, (I know that really isn't an answer). to your question.
  • I replaced both of mine on the 92,, one was "acting up" so while I had it fresh in my head I did them both! It's was a aggravating job to me so I took my time and had no problem. (Just a tight place to work) You should have no problem!
  • If you are in there and taken the time to remove the back seat and one rear quarter trim piece, you might as well do both. The nylon bushings/spacers that you can get in the "HELP PARTS" section of local auto parts stores are usually good enough to fix the window motor gear assemblies for YEARS. I have never used anything other than these things. You do want to be sure you get all of the old broken up nylon bushings/spacers out of the old grease in the window motor so those chips and pieces don't bind the motor shaft later. I thought I had one rear window motor in one car years ago that the gear itself (the thing the bushings go into) broke and I had to "make" one from a standard window motor gear because rear motors and front motors are different. I think I had to shave the center piece down so the rear motor drive gear would fit in the rear window motor correctly.
  • They're pretty easy to fix, actually. The hardest part of the whole operation is getting the upper portion of the rear seat in and out.

The motors themselves are easy to repair. Two or three screws, the cover comes off and then you can clean out the remains of the buttons/bushings/etc and replace them.
  • Being a car owner you have to face this kind of issues eventually. Recently my car’s door wasn’t working properly as it had a dent on it and didn’t have enough money to get it serviced. So I took a chance and learned fixing it online through http://www.iautobodyparts.com/guide_and_tips.html and you won’t believe I fixed it on my own. So you can also fix your car without paying to mechanic. Just try it out!