WTB: OEM FORD Catback 1993 Feature

Purchased a 24000 mi. Yellow-black this past summer. Looking to go back to stock for judged shows. Car is already registered previously with this website.

Need an OEM Catback if at all possible. Also want OEM Tires... Michelin XGT Z4. Was told if anyone can help it would be here.

PPI sold out of the original items I seek.

Please email.

vibrantwhitecoupe@hotmail.com

Comments

• These guys had a few the last time I checked.
    http://www.performancepartsinc.com/

FWIW at the Grand National show in 2012 then did not even notice my missing cats and flowmasters.
  • Bill,,, Your lucky. In Savannah they showed me that my muffler bans should be stainless steel not painted! They were tought but fair!
  • Now that I think about it I think they did ding me for the catback but did not notice my subframe connectors.

I got a gold anyway.
  • Thanks for the help.

I called performance parts inc. they sold their last cat back set months ago.

I have Learned that the last correct Michelin XGTs were discontinued in 1996-7. The later generation manufactured after this had a different sidewall and different tread pattern.

A couple of people emailed about the exhaust...thanks for the leads...no luck so far though.

The search continues...

• Although PPI said they were out, try again in a few months. Jim (the owner) is notorious for holding out on items for supply versus demand reasons, ensuring he gets top dollar. I've seen him do this several times. He might very well be out, but wait a couple of months and check again just in case he's holding out and actually has them.
  • Thanks for that. The one fella I spoke to on the phone wasn't very helpful, he wouldn't suggest where to look since they didn't have one.
  • Other than not having the Ford part numbers on them, what about buying the Walker Exhaust Mustang LX O.E. equivalent exhaust system and having the pipes welded instead of clamping them together, IF Walker still exists. Isn't (maybe wasn't?) Walker one of the primary O.E. exhaust companies in the U.S. market for domestic assembly line exhaust systems? It was like Modine and radiators in years past, although modine as a company is gone now.

You should have seen the O.E. style Walker exhaust system I bought years ago for a 6 cylinder 1965/1966 Mustang that I used to have. It looked like the original exhaust system right down to the cross-car-hanging muffler and the manifold flange with the holes in it for attaching the accelerator return spring to the flange clamp.

I had Napa here locally ready to get an exhaust system in for me several years ago for one of my cars, LX not GT, they were sure to ask which I needed, and if I am correct the mufflers even had heat shields on themin their diagrams. It would have been right at $300.00 for the exhaust system though, H-pipe flanges to the ends of the exhaust tips. I have a used factory E9Z muffler here with heat shield and clamps that came off of the 7-Up parts car that I used to have so when the time comes I can compare the original to the Walker part.
  • Ah! The OEM Ford Mufflers are different sized on the Left and right and I'm also looking for the brushed stainless steel tips. Fitment is super important as are looks.
  • Looks like another member here beat me to a good used set on another forum!!! DOH!!!!
  • 1987-1993 FORD MUSTANG 5.0 NEAR-NEW TAKEOFF CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM UNCUT!!! I found this on the Mustang Club of America under Parts for Sale-- miscellaneous. Hope it helps!
  • Thanks for that heads up. I am unable to access the forums in that site...I signed up but I guess Ai have to be a paid member
  • Andrew ,,, Sent you a PM. I don't know if it will work out or not but his name is Sandy--- and a nice guy!
  • That sucks I just tossed a set of original Michelins that had 18K on them but they were dry rotted anyhow............
  • Well, some dry rot is ok since the car will not be driven with them on it. On and off the trailer and into the show.

CATBACK exhaust is damn near impossible to find. My prayers would be answered with a NOS system as the Catalyic H pipe is NOS. ANYBODY out there hoarding a NOS or low mile takeoff Catback???
  • Mission accomplished on both fronts now!!!! Yee haw!
  • Awesome! Where did you find them?
  • Tires came from Washington State just across the border from me (new take offs) and the exhaust came from a Ford Dealer in Philadelphia!!! Fluke out luck out! :)
  • Wow, who would think a Ford Dealer was sitting on a 20 year old exhaust? I'm glad you found it! That must have been a great day.
  • Glad you got the exhaust,, I know how hard these parts are to find!