Goodbye 1992 F-150, Hello YW AOD Feature Convertible, Even Trade

So, in all of the years I have owned and driven cars and trucks never have I had the opportunity to TRADE vehicles with somebody.

So, I search and search for a reasonably priced YW to complete my collection of "one of each" 1990 - 1993 Limited Edition convertibles, regardless of whether they are AOD or 5 Speed cars. Joe R. and I talked about the car that he just picked up in New Jersey trying to work out a YB for YW deal, but that came at a time when I settled for a rare X-Code big block 1968 Cougar XR-7 as my newest to me car and I couldn't come up with the money or that one.

I settled for the fact that I would not complete my collection and started finding and buying things for my Cougar.

Playing around on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago I searched the word Mustang to see what classic parts I could come up with and I see an ad for a 1993 Mustang. Just for grins late that Sunday evening I clicked on the ad and of all things, WOW, a yellow 1993 convertible, but it has a black top, and lo and behold it has a white interior. The ad is 8 days old and I figured the car would be gone already at that price. I send an e-mail anyway, I asked about the Buck Tag and told the person I'd call them from work the next day. As with many of my other Feature purchases this gentleman told me on monday that he didn't know what he had until he checked for the Buck Tag and then researched the car.

Long story short, I drove to Homosassa last Sunday, he looked at my 1992 F-150 XLT, I looked at his 1993 YW Feature convertible, talked for a couple of hours, and we shook hands and agreed on the EVEN TRADE deal. Today was swap morning at a local tag office and after over an hour of title work and insurance transfers, and then tag swaps, I have the last Feature convertible I was hoping some day to own too here at my house. It isn't picture perfect, but it is genuine, and an AOD car. My (Eddie's new) truck is in the background and Eddie's (my new) Mustang is in the foreground in the one picture.

I have heard that where "we" can't see a way that something can ever work out "The Lord" can see and find a way. This gentleman said when he first listed the car he just listed it for sale. He told me he doesn't know why he went back and changed the ad to add the words about trading for a truck or a van, but I believe I do!

Comments

• Wow, what a great story. I'm sure it's a great truck but I think you got the better end of the deal. ;) Congrats.
  • Congrats once again!
  • Thanks. I bought the 1992 F-150 in 2009 for my step-dad to get him out of his rusty roof water leaking 1988 E-150 extended cargo van and due to bone cancer he didn't get but a few months use out of the truck. I got it back after he passed in early 2010 and mainly used the pick-up to take classic parts to a local swap meet every now and then. I probably put 1000 miles on it in 5 years, if the truck got that many miles put on it. The Mustang will get much more use than the truck ever did.
  • Awesome trade!!! and great story