Bad day

Just want to vent a little. Tonight leaving work, getting on to the highway, I lost my Pony. I was involved in a 4 car accident, I was in the middle, and got it from both ends. I LOVE my car, and haven't decided to rebuild or not yet. She needs a new hood, front bumper, headlight assembly, driver side fender, driver side quarter panel, rear bumper, and tail lights. This week marks the second anniversary of adopting her, but she must not have wanted to stay. Getting it from behind was the hardest of the 2 hits, it twisted me in my seat so hard that it bent the seat frame. She's a tough cookie though, I was able to drive her home gently for 74 miles. No leaks, and the engine still runs great. Sorry to vent, but I'm going to miss her dearly. I do still have her Yellow brother though. I may list the car, but for someone who will take care of her, another feature owner I hope, depends on the insurance company. I'm sure it will be my fault, and she only has liability, so the insurance company won;t rebuild her for me, it will probably be totalled though. I'm hoping the lady who hit me has some fault, and her insurance gives me something for her, but I won't let the car go easy. She's resting comfortably next to her younger brother, the 2005. But when he saw it, he almost cried. Luckily I'm just bruised up a little. Thanks for listening.

Comments

• That sucks. :cry: I'm glad to hear you are OK.

If anyone has the parts resources to rebuild her, you do.

As far as the car that hit you from behind, I suspect some blame should lie with her. Possibly, all of your rear end damage is her responsibility. That event should treated independently from whether you hit anything or not.

Hang in there and I hope you feel better,
    John
  • Even worse news today, got 3 estimates, and they range from $6100 to $8295. Your correct about the resources, I already have both front fenders, both rear quarters ( other side twisted but I didn't notice it last night, a hood and all light fixtures. Checking on the inner drivers quarter to see if the guy still has it from the wrecked triple from earlier this year. The only thing I'm deciding about is the non OEM factor for the panels, but if I'm going to keep her I really shouldn't care. Insurance called today and said it could take up to 2 weeks before their investigation is complete. I went to my storage area and hugged my Yellow car. Everyone that knows me are worried if I'm OK, and the only thing I can think about is how to get her back on the road again.
  • It's sounds like you are not yet ready to write her off. That's a good sign.

I know how it is to damage a car you love. My first Mustang (a '91 black LX I had from new) was crunched when I poked the front end out into an intersection when taking a left where I could not fully see the oncoming traffic since it was blocked by a van waiting to turn in front of me. That was 10 years ago and I still remember the feeling I had for some time after it happened.

In the mean time remember how lucky you are to have the '05 and the yellow one. That's two more than most people have. :)
  • Hey man sorry to hear about the feature. I know exactly how you feel though, May 27,2005 my wife was hit head on by a 16 year old driver doing 55, she took a heck of a hit but thankfully has recouperated well, our baby though was toast, a 1990 GT hatch that we had for over 14 years was lost. We too were lucky to have 2 others in the garage though, the 93 yellow ltd and our 98 Atlantic blue cobra did miss their older brother though. We were very lucky to have had appraisals done on all cars which were used to try and give fair value for our loss, initially they offered us 3850.00 for the car but later we settled on 11,000.00 which was much closer to our appraised values. It taught us a valuable lesson in regards to appreciation what we have and be quite thankfull for it all. We wish you the best and please let us know if you need any help in rebuilding the car, I have quite a few extra parts and would help out in any way. We finally finished the 1993 yellow this year and know how hard it is to find good convertible parts. Sicerely Chet and Tamy
  • Hey man sorry to hear about the feature. I know exactly how you feel though, May 27,2005 my wife was hit head on by a 16 year old driver doing 55, she took a heck of a hit but thankfully has recouperated well, our baby though was toast, a 1990 GT hatch that we had for over 14 years was lost. We too were lucky to have 2 others in the garage though, the 93 yellow ltd and our 98 Atlantic blue cobra did miss their older brother though. We were very lucky to have had appraisals done on all cars which were used to try and give fair value for our loss, initially they offered us 3850.00 for the car but later we settled on 11,000.00 which was much closer to our appraised values. It taught us a valuable lesson in regards to appreciation what we have and be quite thankfull for it all. We wish you the best and please let us know if you need any help in rebuilding the car, I have quite a few extra parts and would help out in any way. We finally finished the 1993 yellow this year and know how hard it is to find good convertible parts. Sicerely Chet and Tamy
  • Thanks for the offer. I unfortunately do not have an appraisal, and will have to settle for what I can get. If I'm not mistaken, you guys are from IN. as well, correct? I do not have the interest anymore to save her, just bad karma at this point, if you are interested in her after the insurance drills me a new one, let me know. It will drive to you, I drove it home 75 miles after the wreck. Let me know <!-- e --><a href="mailto:grcamamy@mail.icongrp.com">grcamamy@mail.icongrp.com</a><!-- e --> and I'll give you my cell number.
  • Hey let me know what the do to or for you. Seriously. Email us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:twocarnuts@aol.com">twocarnuts@aol.com</a><!-- e -->. Chet
  • I guess I'm just not meant to have these cars. Tonight on the way home from a car show, I wrecked my Yellow Feature.
  • dude, i have the stock trip white hood and i got headlights if that helps i dont need that stuff
  • That sucks. Is it repairable?
  • Yes, front drivers nose only. I'll send you pictures.