ebay auctions for feature cars/parts

edited November 2007 in For sale/wanted
Forgive me if you know this already since I posted about this in The Den as well as on the Mustang main page. But, since it is so quiet here on the forums as I write this, I thought it wouldn't be too distracting. I also think some people check only here for updates and may have missed my postings elsewhere.

Anyhow, the point of this is that I am now tracking active ebay auctions for feature cars and parts. Essentially, I am sharing my ebay watch list with the world.

http://www.triplewhitefox.com/mustang/forsale.htm

You can't afford not to check this out. In fact, right now as I write this there are two items listed on ebay that, if you need them, you should jump on them. They are an NOS 1993 white driver's side mirror and a 1992 used, but nice, white wheel. The mirror has been on ebay before and even with no reserve it did not get the starting bid of $40. I don't think you can buy any OE mirror for any car for that price.

Integration of ebay auctions into this site is going to continue. I have already let this trickle down to the 1992 and 1993 "Where are they?" pages. They now include thumbnails for the cars auctioned in the last 90 days (or will include them once I have been doing this new level of tracking for that period) as well as direct links to ebay for those cars instead of to my summary page. I am now also building this type of auction history for the 1990 7-up cars as well as for parts. Look for pages on the history of those auctions in the future.

And soon I won't have to draw attention to this tracking using this type of posting becuase every page on this site will include a column on the right with a subset of the auctions and a link to the full list.

Comments

• That is some very useful info. Folks remember these cars have many specific parts on to them alone. Spoilers, interiors, floormats and wheels. But some of the "common" stuff like outside rear view mirrors and trim pieces are becoming more and more difficult to find. Take care.
  • But some of the "common" stuff like outside rear view mirrors and trim pieces are becoming more and more difficult to find.

Absolutely the truth. Even what used to be fairly common like chrome five spoke ponies are getting harder to find. New center caps of any color as well.

As part of my tracking, I am including hard to find parts that are correct for the feature cars even if in some cases they were present on other Mustangs. I usually only consider NOS and used by nice original equipment parts. Not generally reproductions. For example, I have passed over posting several sets of chrome pony wheels that are aftermarket and/or in rough condition. I am looking to add value and not just post links to the thousands of parts out there.
  • First, Thanks for adding this feature, no pun intended. LOL

Not sure if this counts as a source for the Chrome ponies as NOS.

But here is a link to a site for them and they are sold as being from Ford Racing.

http://www.sacramento-mustang.com/cgi-b ... dat|Wheels

Thanks, Jerry
  • Not sure if this counts as a source for the Chrome ponies as NOS.

Absolutely, I would say, it does count as NOS.

You are not alone in pointing out to me that these are still available from Ford Racing. CJ Pony Parts was mentioned as another source. Being in the Ford Racing catalog they are probably much more widely available than I thought.