Whats up?

edited January 2008 in Member introductions
I am really glad I found this site... I have a '92 mustang Feature car with 13,000 miles on it.. Bought it on cragslist... From an Eighty year old man....

ITS AWESOME!!!

Comments

• Hi and welcome...

I just saw your registration in my email and just now updated my '92 registry page to include your contribution.

Your car sounds like a great find!

John
  • Thanks,
    I am in love with it...
  • He welcome to the club!

We have a Yellow 93 feature but I have always liked that 92. The color just pops. Take care and enjoy the site. Chet and the gang.
  • Thanks,

I am soooo proud of my car.... I think the I have one of the BEST first car's ever..(I am 15)
  • Congrats on a great find. I'm gonna give you some advice and you can take it or leave it. Don't starting modding the car. Those cars are getting harder and harder to find, especially in the condition yours is probably in. Too many of us have let cars go that we later regret. Keep it, drive it, enjoy it, and take really good care of it. Some day you will be glad you did.
  • Oh trust me I wont, i am the type of kid that would find it hard to mod a 1988 buick wagon.. :lol: I know that these cars are way too rare and pretty to mod it... I will say that I added a K&N Air Filter only, and I changed the black guages to white..(like the '93 cobra) Looks really cool.. But easy to change back...
  • I have been wrestling with this very question whether to mod the car or not.
    On one hand they are rare and gaining in value.
    On the other the stock engine doesn't live up to it's potential.
    Second at the car shows the car drew them in but when it came to the engine compartment they just lost interest.
    Third I wanted more performance.

Sooo, I decided on a compromise. I would not change anything I could not put back to original. So it had to be a direct bolt on, unbolt it and put the original back on.
    Next I wanted to stay with a factory look.

Here's how it turned out, click on the link, let me know what you think, good or bad, I am a big boy I can take it. LOL

Jerry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jburnsfamilyfun/
  • Yeah that is true looks good... As long as youdont lower it, Add some neon and some spinners it will be fine!!!!! :lol:
  • I have been wrestling with this very question whether to mod the car or not.
    On one hand they are rare and gaining in value.
    On the other the stock engine doesn't live up to it's potential.
    Second at the car shows the car drew them in but when it came to the engine compartment they just lost interest.
    Third I wanted more performance.

Sooo, I decided on a compromise. I would not change anything I could not put back to original. So it had to be a direct bolt on, unbolt it and put the original back on.
    Next I wanted to stay with a factory look.

Here's how it turned out, click on the link, let me know what you think, good or bad, I am a big boy I can take it. LOL
    Looks awesome. And I bet that it runs a "little" better. Take care.
    Jerry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jburnsfamilyfun/
  • Yeah that is true looks good... As long as youdont lower it, Add some neon and some spinners it will be fine!!!!! :lol:

I am pretty much done with the mods. but now that you mentioned neon Hmmmmm???? :lol:

You have a great car. I know a few people that had great 1st cars and kept them and have no regrets in keeping them. Wish I could say the same. You are probably going to here that a lot. I wish I had, but then 30 years ago who knew. ;)

I have a son that is 16, he just got his 92 LX Hatchback. He is the one that found my Feature while searching for his car, and he is counting on me giving it to him when I am done with it. He is going to have a long wait. :D

Later, Jerry
  • Yeah, I love the later Fox bodies, there cheap right now but a good clean one in a few years will be a good profit for us!!!! Or at least I hope sooo!! :)
  • Love your enigne bay jburn57!!! That is nicley done and really adds to the overall effect of the car.
  • Thanks for the compliments.

This really is a great site, with everyone trying to help each other and John has done a great job. I really like the ebay posts and it must take some time to search this stuff. I look a lot on there and I haven't seen some of the things he finds.

Take care, Jerry
  • I agree with all your comments. I too search ebay all the time for "stuff" for these cars and miss some of the things that John finds. I have bought a few of the items that he has linked. Take care. Chet and the gang.