Need correct seats for '93 Yellow Feature Car

edited March 2008 in For sale/wanted
Hi folks,
I used to own a Ford dealership up until 1995. One of the last cars I purchased was a 1993 Yellow Mustang Feature Car. I have been storing it since. It has 2,000 miles on it. It is mint. Here is my problem. Being the genius I was back in '93 I replaced the factory seats with some Recaros. I then put the original seats in the Recaro boxes and put them in storage. Well my storage unit was broken into and they ( the thief ) stole the original seats with the pony on the headrest. I now want to make this car right because, like I said before the car is mint and has been in my garage since 1993. I remember the drivers seat was power. It would be a shame if I can't find some replacements!! I would like to personally choke the thief to death for this crime! It really ticks me off! Any help would be appreciated! Dennis P.S. The seats are black.
Email- <!-- e --><a href="mailto:denohew@oconnorbraman.net">denohew@oconnorbraman.net</a><!-- e -->

Comments

• Wow that is a tough one! The car sounds awesome with only 2,000 miles on it. We have a Yellow 93 feature with 146k on her and she runs strong. On the seat front, you might have to start with the headrests, there have been a couple of sets for sale lately for under 100.00 and then work you way down to some recovered sport buckets. Just a suggestion. Remember the headrest is embossed with the running pony. Best of luck.
  • Thanks Carnut for the help. This situation must be fixed. This car isn't going to be right without the correct seats! Anybody want to trade there seats for a couple of mint Recaro's? Not likely, huh? Anyway I shall not give up! The feature car will live!!!! The headrests WOULD be a great start. Any lead on where I can get a couple? Dennis
  • Hey sorry I did not tell you where I saw them. They were up for auction on ebay and really were not too badly priced. Best of luck and if I see any I will forward on the info to you.
  • Thanks again Carnut! I will keep an eye on Ebay. I will let this car go if I can't make it right. I can email pics if wanted. I do not need the money but I almost get sick every time I look at those Recaro's and remember just how stupid I was to put them in! This is probably one of the lowest mile Feature Cars if not the only one out there. Sigh!!!!!! Dennis
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:denohew@oconnorbraman.net">denohew@oconnorbraman.net</a><!-- e --> P.S. It has every option available in '93 including a cd player ( which I did not replace!) and even a engine block heater. I ordered it myself from my own dealership & made damn sure it was fully loaded. It is a five speed. It has exactally 2,299 miles on it. Damn thing still smells new!!!!!!!!!!! I am pissed! I can still see yellow numbers that the factory must have marked on the headlights.
    VIN# 1FACP44E7PF173341 Build date 5/93 I am going to have a drink now!
  • Well the bad part is u will most likely have to have them restored or buy them used. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to find "feature car" parts. Seems as if Ford made just enough parts to make the cars and none left over. [>:)] lol. If u do find Feature parts, please let us know. Most parts for the cars u need to paint or have remade. Good luck
  • I found someone who totaled their 92 feature and was waiting on him to settle with the insurance. I just needed the headrest with the pony logo in them because the last owner of my car had the seats recovered and did not get the logo in the headrest. I was not sure if they would match and have decided to get the logo put on my current headrest so it will match. Here is a link to the thread, so you might be able to get in touch with him. The seats are white, but you will have to get any seats you find recovered because you will not find any good enought for a car with such low milage.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3780874/ ... tm#3786620

Hope it helps
  • Thanks Yellow & White for the advise! I am very grateful for the help. I have registered my car with this forum after bending in ways that I haven't in years trying to read the tag located on the radiator mount! I will keep you guys posted on the progress. After reading some of ya'lls posts I can see that my problem would be concidered small. Are there any more of these cars that are stored with very low mileage? ( Don't tell me where they are!!!!!! I might steal the seats!) Anyway thanks again & keep searching for I know that there are alot of parts somewhere!!! Dennis
  • Yeah seeing the buck tag sucks...Take a picture of it..lol If u do find parts let me know..
    Joey
  • Well as unbelievable as it sounds, I found some seats thanks to this forum and it's great people! Thanks for all your help!! Dennis I will always check in!!
  • Hey Guys. Hope all is well in Feature Car heaven!! I haven't posted in a while but that doesn't meen that I haven't been lurking. Got some correct seats but as someone mentioned they are in, lets just say ( not in the shape I need). Who does a killer job of making them new again? Pretty much need the factory look. Also does Ford still sell the original seatbelt parts? Just the front buckles. I saw the car on Ebay that had 18,000 or so miles on it went for $14,500. Seems prices might be climbing on these lower mile Mustangs. Still have just over 2,300 miles on the one stored in my garage. Well, just checking in and let's keep these cars alive!!! Dennis
  • After going through my Ford contact. I can tell you there are zero feature car interior parts anywhere in Ford's database. They will pop up on Ebay and some other places but no chance to order anything. As for seats, go with TMI, they make the best out there.
  • After going through my Ford contact. I can tell you there are zero feature car interior parts anywhere in Ford's database. They will pop up on Ebay and some other places but no chance to order anything. As for seats, go with TMI, they make the best out there.

I agree with TMI. I saw them at the show in Carlisle. They actually left me a card in my car to stop by their tent. Smart marketing tactic, look for the cars with bad leather like mine and have them stop by! Well I did stop by and they said that they can make the seats in leather. I have a 92 so it would be more of a custom job although they said they already had made some and at the time may have had some in stock. The cost was $700 and that was all seats. I actually took my car to a local upholstery shop and they quoted me $600 just to fix my drivers seat! For another $100 I can get the whole thing and being white, they would match! Even the shops said that TMI does a nice job and they can not compete with their prices. Here is a link from Late Model Resto:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iww ... 1&comp=LRS

Also if you need to replace the foam, like mine (it's getting soft), check out the site for the foam. Also cheaper to get theirs then have my local shop try to shape some from scratch.

Good luck!
  • Hey jkupka
    Did you work for Ford Motor Co.? You got me all excited when you first posted " original leather " replacements for the Feature cars. Then the let down post! Being in the business for a LONG time, I think it is a one in a million chance that some dealer has original leather for these "rare" Mustangs.( it's all about the headrests ) Would be worth a "mint" if a dealer did have these original part #'s. I am not even sure Ford even offered these leather parts for the Feature Cars. I cannot find them on my original Ford parts microfish for '93. Definately no "Ponys" on the headrest parts. After holding on to this car for so many years I can't help but wonder, how many are left with, let's just say with under 5,000 miles? Hell, I have only once, changed the oil in my car & no, there is no sludge build up ( no need to argue that point )! I am not dogging you, jkupka. Don't get me wrong. I think you are an asset here! Get your big brain out and come up with some original parts for these cars for all the "comrades" out there! Yes I have had a few "vodkas" tonight! Anyway Yellow & Triple White are the new "pink"! I sold 5 Yellow's and 2 White's. Only one Red. Also 6, yes 6, '89 SSC White Saleen's. This is in a town of only 4,500 people. Built many of custom "Stangs" that 'ol Steve just wishes he could have built! All LX trunk models. Anybody have one of those "mint" to trade for my Feature Car? I am just venting! Need more Vodka! Dennis
  • Thanks Cobra2top. I will check these guys out. Dennis
  • Dennis,

No I didn't work for FORD. I have a a 93 Triple White with 18K miles and it hasn't seen pavement since 96. I blew the tranny drag racing it. I have been trying to get us (you) some parts directly through Ford's main database using a buddy of mine. He has said 5 years ago the fox car parts were almost gone from the shelves. The Limited Edt's had extra parts manufactured but only a small number. So, far I have found zero of anything sitting on ford shelves. I bought around $5,000 worth of parts but I haven't had a chance to sell any of it as I work abroad. In May I will list some on Ebay as I will be back then for awhile.
  • I agree with TMI. I saw them at the show in Carlisle.
    I stopped by the TMI booth at Carlisle as well. I specifically asked if they did pony headrests. They said no they did not due to licensing issues. :(