Important notice concerning use of this forum

edited January 2005 in Forum News
After some thoughtful consideration, I have decided to enabled/disable/restrict certain features of this forum that impact how it works and the features available. I'm still learning how to use this forum software myself so please be patient as we all try to figure out how best to make it work for us. It is highly configurable so I can turn disabled features on and enabled features off as their impact becomes more obvious. Currently, I think the following items might impact you:

File Uploads
Due to bandwidth and server space considerations I have restricted the upload of files to 50 Kbytes. This is primarily a restriction of my own budget since I use my own dollars to purchase hosting for this site and am heavily against using any sort of advertising to generate revenue or use a free forum service that might have pop ups and the like. I don't want to buy more than I need. If this thing grows beyond my current contacted capabilities, I will add bandwidth and disk space appropriately. I just don't want to have a ton of disk space and have thousands of uploaded own3d pictures. And, it's not that I don't enjoy those, they’re simply better off on stangnet.

Registration
The registration form requires very little personal information. There are a couple required fields that I am not able to easily remove so they remain. These are sex and birth date. Feel free to answer those accurately or not.

I have set the default for “show email” to disabled. I recommend that this be left this way in order to prevent spam.

I am not currently using the activation feature of the forum so you can register without the need to receive an email for activation. This allows you to immediately post after registration. I will reconsider this as we move along.