WTB: 92 Feature Car Seat Covers

edited February 2007 in For sale/wanted
I am looking for a set of new or used seat covers for my father's 92 feature car. (I am sure a lot of 92 owners would love to have new ones.) The car has only a little over 50k miles on it, but the original owner must have stored it with the top down. (Who knows.) My father advised that he once saw a car for sale where the owner had contacted the original manufacturer of the seat covers and had a new set made (with red piping instead of black). Is anyone familiar with this information, that could provide some insight? I have contacted Late Model Restoration Supply, and CJ's Pony Parts, but they advised that their supplier could not reproduce the bright white leather with black piping. Please send any information to me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:cawagner_98@yahoo.com">cawagner_98@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

As a new member, this is my family's second 92 feature car. I wish I hadn't sold mine, but I sold it to an older gentleman in NC.

Comments

• The story of someone contacting the OEM supplier to get seats with red piping is so familiar to me. I have been scouring my email archives to see where I might have heard that before. No luck.

I guess that the fronts are probably more desirable than the rears but I just checked NPD and see that they still list the rear seat back:

PC-30908-FL F2ZZ-7666600-AAP UPHOLSTERY, REAR SEAT BACK M 92 CONV, WHITE LEATHER W/BLACK PIPING, CORRECT FOR FEATURE CARS $119.00
  • Hi,
    Hey on your seat covers, go to yellowmustangregistry.com
    click on Product Reviews / How-To's
    and go down to E & G Classic's Leather seat replacement kit. Click on that link.
    Hope this helps. Jerry
  • Okay just went to this site and they no longer make these kits. Sorry. Went to the other company shown in the artical but did not find our seat style listed. They will need to be contacted by phone to see if they can supply them. I guess for me it is off to my local shop to see what they can do. Again, Sorry.
  • Went to an upholstery shop I have had good luck with before. Went through their automotive books for Ford leather. I think we got something that matched up pretty well I ordered it so when it gets here I will let you know how it matched up. If it works out I will get the name of the supplier and material No#. But if you have had any experience with leather, it will vary some even from the same supplier. I was going to say manufacturer. LOL. Which would also be true. Okay I know that is just not right. LOL. Jerry
  • Jerry, thanks for keeping us up to date. I'm looking forward to hearing about how it works out for you.

John
  • Thank you all for your assistance. I hadn't realized that anyone replied, until I was back on this site. I am still looking... Noting the price of the seat covers available for the rear seats, I wonder if a good shop could take a set of those and recreate a the front panels on my existing seats.

Thanks again for all of your assistance.
  • I hadn't realized that anyone replied, until I was back on this site.

I know that your original post asked for an email response but, in general, I'd rather keep the discussion here rather than over email so that everyone can benefit. I should have emailed you, too.

Also, the forum has a handy "watch this thread" feature. I use it to watch the entire forum for new posts. It sends an email when there is something new. Check it out is you get a chance.
  • Still looking for either seats or seat covers.... Any ideas?