Witchita Falls CL

edited September 2012 in For sale/wanted
Do we have anyone on the ground in Witchita Falls TX that could go take a look at a car and report back?

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/3222537939.html

Called the guy and a few things don't quite add up.

He says the car has never been painted. The white door handles tell otherwise. He told me they came from the factory that way. Red flag.

The turn signals and the headlights have been changed. Another flag.

He claims this is #463. When I asked how he got that # he said you can call Ford and they will give it to you. Wrong again.

He tried to tell me that ALL feature cars came with CDs and that he got that info form Marti Auto works. If that's the case Marti is missinforming folks. This car does not have CD either.

The car came from Oklahoma City about 3 years ago and I am pretty sure this is the same car I passed on a while back. It had about 60k miles at that time. It's about a 10hr round trip for me to go look at is. Hopefully we have someone that is a little closer.

Comments

• plus it has a salvage title apparently from the ebay link you gave. The mileage aint bad
  • I'm still considering it. I found I can fly into WF for under $100.

The salvage title appears to be related to a theft but it's unclear how much damage had to be fixed. It looks like it may have at least gotten an new top.
  • Ended up passing on this one. Too many questions w/o satisfying answers.

Got verification that no cars came from the factory w/ white handles but this guy sticks to his guns that they are a factory option.

His VIN indicates it was a late car so no way it could be #463 as he claims but says he knows he's right.

Last the oil pan is leaking. That's a pretty major repair and on a car with 70k miles I don't want to get into that.

So, for now this money burning a hole in pocket will just have to keep burning.
  • LOL. Now he is advertising that his car is #1058 of 1500. That's funny because MY car is #1058. I showed him what my info from Terry M looked like and now he is using that to try to sell his car.
  • Seller has corrected his add.
  • Car now is at a dealership in Wichita Falls.

http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/ctd/3289442686.html

The guy I was talking to says he got $5500 for it.