My car is now presentable.

I've posted a few photos of my '92 here on the forum a few times but, if you ever noticed, always of the Driver's side.

Well, the reason was that the car was UGLY paintwise on the other side. So, today, a friend of mine came over and we washed, clay bar'd and buffed the car. No longer is it faded, oxidized and grungy. The car now shines!

Here's the worst spot on the car:
file-3.jpg

And the hood with a good before and after:
file-8.jpg

And now the whole car gleams! (And it isn't wet!)

file-10.jpg

We also cleaned up under the hood, too:

file-5.jpg

Over all, I'm pleased (even if there's a bit more to do yet. The back end needs a little more buffing and then the whole car needs to be waxed and the interior needs a good vacuuming.

Comments

• Wow, looking good. That's a big difference. What did you use for polish?
  • Thanks!

It started out with a good wash, then a rubdown with a clay bar, another wash, another quick clay barring and then we attacked it with a buffer and rubbing, then polishing compounds. It still needs a bit more polishing on the passenger quarter and decklid, then another wash before waxing.
  • Good job on that! Coming along great!
  • Car is comin along nicely! Did you ever find a dash?
  • I have put off looking for a dash for now. I've got other issues to deal with first. Namely... the paint. But, now that that's done, I'm considering getting some paintless dent repair done and then, maybe, get the top replaced.

Also, I had to replace heater hoses and the radiator yesterday. The radiator was planned but... I wanted to do it at the shop on base vs in my apartment's parking lot. But, since a heater hose let go... I didn't have enough water to drive the 35 miles to the base.

The mishimoto radiator fit in nicely. The old one was about halfway clogged.

I'm so glad this isn't my only car.
  • I totally understand the "other issues" thing. I've been dealing with my other issues all year long. I've got some stuff coming in from Latemodel Restoration, hopefully tomorrow, and I'm hoping to have mine all back together in time to drive it to Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Ky. It's the NMRA finals the weekend of Oct. 5-7. Plan on putting it in the car show even though it won't win any awards. Last year there were not any feature cars in the car show. So I'm gonna represent the feature cars this year. Well, that's the plan anyway. Usually there is a huge turnout. Is that too far away for you to think about going? I think you can just take 64 all the way to Owensboro and just head south til you hit BG. Not sure how far that is from you. I think you would enjoy the weekend. Tons of cars and the street scene at night is CRAZY! Might even be able to pick up some goods on vendor alley or at the swap meet.
  • Hm. Maaaaybe.

Another issue is that the transmission has been a bit noisy as of late. I need to make an appointment to get that looked at if the oil is low which I fear it may be. Leaky tailshaft housing is another problem I've noticed. Hopefully it isn't ruined.