Got my score card back from the GN show

edited September 2012 in Feature Mustangs
Total deductions 24 points + 1 point added back for having my MCA sticker so a net loss of 23. I think the judges were very fair and thorough. Most of the dings for were for things I knew would be a fault going in and a few for things I did not see until it was too late (water spots on the mirrors ugh!)

There were only two items that I have asked in the MCA judges forum for a clarification on:

Tries - I was dinged for wrong brand. I understood in Concourse Driven that only correct size and speed rating were required. It's really no big deal, I need new tires anyway so when I get it out next spring that's first on the list. I'll get some Micheline's or possibly the Gatorback reissues that are now available..

Battery - I was not dinged but it was noted that I am missing the nylon boot over the pos bat terminal. I think it is a factual error since the LX cars did not have the boot. Cobras did but even the ultra low mile examples I have seen have never had the boot. The only boot I have seen on an LX was obviously a NOS add on since it did not have the same patina as the rest of the engine bay.

Surprisingly I only got dinged 5 points for the sub-frame connectors but they did not notice the missing cats. Go figure.

The largest single deduction was for paint and body; 8 points. When I bought the car it was a wreck and my paint guy resprayed the side moldings on the car. This shows when you look between the molding and the car you can see the over spray where you should only see black adhesive tape. Something I plan to remedy in the future when I have the time and money.

Comments

• Got answer back from a very reliable source:

Bill, I own several ultra low mileage fox bodys, and i can tell you that the pos cable never had a rubber boot for the feature cars or the 93 cobras, the svo and the 86 5.0 lx or gt had rubber boots for the pos cable.
  • Can you appeal the decision?

I've never done any sort of scored show so the process is both fascinating and entirely new to me.
  • Congratulations on your GOLD ! Tough judges ! Wrong brand tires ,,, the rules says size and speed rating ! Also I had never heard of the Pos battery terminal cover untill you posted. Well at least they overlooked the cats ! I knew you had a great car !
  • I think the judging was very fair. They did overlook things that I personally would have counted off for. Did not notice the water spots on the mirrors till after the fact.

Anyway it looks like I will be be going to the show in Beaumont TX next year. Still not sure if I want to goto Orlando or not. That's a pretty expensive trip and a lot of miles to put on the car.