FEATURE CONVERTIBLE WARNING - Jacksonville Craigslist

edited October 2012 in For sale/wanted
Back in 2010 I answered an ad on Jacksonville's Craigslist for a 1993 YW Feature convertible. It was for sale for $2,000.00 as a project. I was up there the weekend that I saw it online with my 1968 F100 and my tow-dolly with cash in hand (cash I had back then that is).

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/3308004545.html

Well, I got there and looked the car over, ALL OVER, and couldn't find the Buck Tag, Vin Labels, nothing but the title, which was a 1993 title. When I looked inside the car something didn't look right. Then I realized it had a 1987 - 1989 steering column in it. I never looked in the windshield at the VIN that is there until that time. WOW, a "J" in the VIN instead of a "P", um-m-m, a 1988 VIN!!

I looked all over the car for anything matching the car anywhere to the title. I believe the car is a TRUE Feature convertible but was "clipped" in the front from a bad collision, therefore the Buck Tag was removed from the replacement clip.

If anyone has seen this car advertised and planned to go look at it please look it over well and see if it is the one I believe it is. See the ad picture I posted and compare it to the car in the ad. The current owner led me on when I saw his earlier non-pictured ad telling me he'd get pictures to me and that this car wasn't the same car and tried continually to get me to come look at it. No way, no pictures, no 3 & 1/2 hour drive to Jacksonville.

Buyers always beware!

Comments