Issues with new top.

edited April 2013 in Feature Mustangs
I have a new top less than a yr old. I have noticed in the corner by the rear quarter window it is coming unstitched. Is there a way to repair it? Also I have noticed that deep in the top it looks like water spots. I have tried using a magic eraser and looks to work on 95% of it but still is deep inside. I have also tried Tide with bleach alternative powder mixed into a paste and that wont get deep in as well. Any help appreciated. I have read to try bleach white for tires and 303 vinyl cleaner along with marine spray nine? It will drive me crazy if I cant get this out.

photo-3_zps82eb7d23.jpg

Comments

• The company you took the car to that installed the top may have given you warranty information on the top. I would start there about the stitching coming out.

In regard to using any chemicals on a convertible top I was told to always avoid using anything but soap and water. Chemicals can cause the stitching to deteriorate prematurely and break when it wears down. I use a fairly nice-sized hand/fingernail scrub brush and the same soap and water I wash my car with. All water spots do not come out of the top but they will fade out a lot when scrubbed.

I also don't treat my convertible tops with anything to make them shine either, and I don't even know if they make such a product. When they get dirty and I feel like taking the time to scrub them they will look pretty good just using the soap, water and the brush.