For Sale in CT: 1000+ Fox Mustang Parts, Memorabilia and Toys

edited November 2013 in For sale/wanted
September 7-8, 2013
Pomfret, CT (exact location and times are being ironed out and will be announced in just a couple of days)

I was recently contacted to help execute a giant "yard sale" to clear out four buildings worth of Fox Mustang parts and various pieces of memorabilia and toys. The owner of the items is hoping to sell these items to prevent from having to move them all to another location, so the seller is motivated. Items will be priced 10%-40% off market value.

Collection includes...
- Fox Body Mustang parts - nos and used
- wide assortment of interior parts
- tons of doors, bumpers, fenders,
trunklids, rear quarters and more!
- stock and aftermarket engine parts
- Mustang memorabilia
- posters, signs, dealer brochures, books,
magazines and more!
- Mustang toys
- Model Kit cars, model steel cars, pedal cars,
battery operated cars and more!
and that’s not all!!!

If you love Mustangs, then this would be a great sale to attend, as you won't really know what you'll find. Heck, I'm going down early to finish sorting through everything since I hardly scratched the surface of everything in three hours! We are hoping to consolidate everything down to two buildings at one location, however depending on the amount of room, the toys may or may not be on display. The toys have already been boxed and put into storage, so if worse comes to worse, they will be auctioned online, as these are easily shippable.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me directly at joe@showcarcustoms.com. I will be attending Mustangs at the Mickyard in Orlando, FL (and will be traveling before and after that), so e-mail is the best way for me to respond, as it will most likely be at an odd hour in the night when I'm more apt to be at my computer. If you prefer a phone call, feel free to call me (207-200-5780), but please note that you will more than likely have to leave a message (and if you do, please mention how late you accept calls). No texting please! If you text, I won't respond. Please understand that there are TONS of items to be sold and I won't know 100% of what exactly is for sale until the day before it starts. Example: I can tell you that there are 38 doors there, but I don't know exactly what years they are for yet, as I haven't sorted through them. Since I live in ME and will be in FL before this goes on, I won't have the time to sort through everything until I arrive in CT days before this happens. Those 2-3 days will be packed with work for me to do to finalize and price what will be sold.

More information and updates to follow very soon before the week ends.

Hope to see everyone there! I'd say bring your Mustangs and we'll have a Mustang show while we're there, but depending on what you want, you may need a pickup or possibly a box truck!

Thanks,
Joe

Comments

• I will make every effort to be there. Thanks for the tip on this.

For those considering this, there is also a show at Mustangs Unlimited in Manchester, CT on Sunday 9/8. It is about 50 minutes from Pomfret. Make a weekend of it.

http://www.mccne.com/events
  • Hopefully I'll be at the show (without a car). I'm going to ask Jim Silverman in the next day or two if he'd allow me to pass out a small sheet of paper about it to encourage people to come after the show. I figure I'd stick around and start day 2 of the sale around 2pm or so!
  • wow this is amazing. It would be tempting to make the drive up
  • Just got up here late last night and started arranging. Not sure if the toys will be out on display... all depends on how much time and room we have. Just parts alone will take up something comparable to 8 solid garage bays! More sorting will occur tomorrow.

Address:
    99 Searles Rd.
    Pomfret Center, CT

Saturday: 10am - 6pm
    Sunday: Noon - 7pm
  • How did the sale go? Are the toys going to be put on ebay etc?
  • How did the sale go? Are the toys going to be put on ebay etc?
    Sale went pretty good. Most of the NOS stuff sold. Everything else was purchased by a friend of mine and we entered agreement to split profit on everything sold, so in two weeks, everything will be out of her possession so she won't have to worry. I worked out a deal on all the memorabilia and toys but had no room to bring them back. When I go down to move the parts in a few weeks, I'll load all of the toys and memorabilia in the trailer, bring them home, and sell them up here. Since I don't want to have to deal with eBay, I'll have a page on my site with a listing of everything. After a few weeks, whatever doesn't sell on the site, I'll list on eBay. The listing will be available in a few weeks!
  • Awesome!! I cannot wait to see what you will have listed
  • Toys are up online right now...

http://www.foxbodysource.com

I'm using that website as a test site for a "future project", so I thought there would be no better way to test the e-commerce part than this. This is only a fraction of what I have in my possession right now. Lots more stuff to come over the next several weeks. Hoping to get everything sold by the end of the year, as I may be making some big changes in my life and can't take everything with me. ;)
  • Great stuff!!!
  • Great stuff!!!
    and there is plenty more to come! Most of the fox stuff is coming in the next week or so unless I get bombarded with work down the church. The sound system is having problems and it's not looking good.