Need Radio ID Help!

edited February 2007 in Feature Mustangs
Hi All,

I've been collecting the few parts needed to put the yellow '93 I bought in January completely back to stock. I'm having a bit of trouble identifying the correct radio head unit for my car though.

My car came with the "door code = 8" Radio Premium AM/FM, Clock Cassette (AM/FM/Cassette) option. Can any of you with the same package post a close up picture of your radio so I know what I'm on the hunt for? If you have a p/n handy, that'd be a huge help too...but a pic will be great.

I checked on this site and couldnt find any clear photos. It always seemed they were fuzzy or had a shifter in the way. Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• I don't have that unit in my car but I'm going to try my best to figure this out. I checked a lot of pictures that I have and that automatic shifter is always in the way.

Here's two:

radio2.jpg
    radio3.jpg

I also found a picture in the 1993 Mustang brochure of a standard Mustang with an AM/FM cassette.

radio1.jpg

Based on those pictures I think it is the following unit:

radio4.jpg

This is a radio I have that I got from a 1993 Ford Probe. The part # is F33F-19B132-BD.

One other thing: in my car which has the CD Stereo, "Premium" sound means an external amplifier (located under the front passengers seat)
  • That looks right. I have a 1993 Mustang brochure and in one of the center pages they show this radio in the dash. Tried to scan it and even tried a digital pic, resolution on the original isn't good enough.

It lists this as a package feature. LX 240A, LX 5.0L 245A, and GT 249A, CD player was Optional, both were 80watts so I would say both came with the amp.

I also have the CD player with the amp under the passenger seat.

I think the radio pic is right on. Jerry
  • Cool, thanks guys!

I just found 1 on eBay with the storage pocket for $40. It should arrive around the end of next week! :)
  • Be careful. The photo of the stereo alone from the Probe is NOT the one for the Mustang. This model with the rounded edges was used for the Probe, Taurus, and Sable. The Mustang radio has sharp flatened edges all the way around the faceplate. I picked this one up on Ebay last week. Waiting to get it in, then I'll post the serial number.
  • I'm in good shape then as that describes the 1 I got.

Link to the auction
  • Be careful. The photo of the stereo alone from the Probe is NOT the one for the Mustang. This model with the rounded edges was used for the Probe, Taurus, and Sable. The Mustang radio has sharp flatened edges all the way around the faceplate. I picked this one up on Ebay last week. Waiting to get it in, then I'll post the serial number.

That's good to know. I didn't even notice that.