Here is a Yellow/Black AOD 31.2K Mile Car For Sale in Tampa, $6.2K

I was shocked to see it for sale that cheap, if the mileage is true.... http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/4790874228.html
The car isn't mine, I am still searching for a reasonably priced YW in a price range similar to this car.

Comments

• Cool. Should be worth a closer look for someone. The VIN looks to be 1FACP44E0PF164867 and originally from Michigan.
  • Wow, John, for some reason I couldn't read the VIN in that picture, thank you. I have now run a VIN history on it through AutoCheck. It has had registration renewals year after year but NO mileage input on any of them. Score is a 46 and calculated owners is 2. Engine looks clean in the picture of the engine bay when looking at the valve cover but a pressure washer can do that real fast.
  • I went back to look at that engine compartment and...the listing is gone. I don't recall a VIN label on the passengers quarter panel, the only visible VIN location in the pictures. The rearmost hood bumper was visible and the label would be right before that. So, possible collision damage.

The VIN really wasn't too difficult. All LX 5.0 Convertibles have very similar VINs with the differences being the sequence number and the check digit. The sequence number was easy to get from the window sticker and I just used my VIN decoder to iterate through check digits until it validated.
  • I pulled the VIN history after you posted the VIN. Calculated owners 2, AutoCheck score of 46 (very high), but NO reported mileage on the history when the tag renewals happened or on a noted title event in the report when the car changed locations in Michigan (maybe a second owner). The first indication of a mileage report was in March of 2014 in Hudson Florida.

I almost fell for a 1991 Notchback Coupe that was supposed to be an ORIGINAL 69,000 mile car. The second owner (if he even was) claimed the car was only bumped on the driver's door ONE time, no other collision damage. He owned it for many years, claim was since 1997. The credit union loan rep reminded me to pull a CarFax prior to purchasing the car. I had money in hand ready to buy, then I pulled the VIN history. That owner made sure he went to DMV to have the odometer read while he owned it and the VIN check showed the time he did that because DMV noted it and it was in the history. The car went from a 142,000 mile car at that time to a 42,000 mile car, and while that owner had the car it was involved in BOTH a front impact and a side impact collision, two different dates. I figure DMV here in Florida didn't think twice about reading and noting the mileage since the cars have 5 figure odometers, but I figure the guy knew what he was doing when he asked them to do it. When I asked the guy about BOTH discrepancies from what he told me he never got back to me. SHYSTER!! I was so happy that I pulled the VIN history on that car.