Limited Edition

Hello,
I'm new to the forum, not new to Mustangs. I purchased a Silver 93 LX Coupe last November unmolested with 48,560 on the clock(checked with Carfax). Only 2 owners before me, the guy I bought the car from had it for 16 plus years. The car just has a CAI and custom exhaust with Hi-Flow cats and a Bassani 'X' pipe.
However, the car also had a stripe above the rocker panel that says 'Limited Edition' and a placard with the same inside the car, on the dash just above the emblem.
I am guessing this was a dealer installed thing. Has anyone seen this before or heard of this?
Thanks,
Chuck

Comments

• That sounds like a great find. I wouldn't say that it is technically a limited edition but there are less of those cars than the feature cars. I checked the Fox Body recognition guide and it lists the number of LX 5.0 Coupes in silver as 354. I also checked the Silver Mustang Registry (http://www.silvermustangs.com/silverhistory.html) to see if they had numbers but they don't list silver (YN, I assume) as a 1993 color. They do have a bunch in their registry, though. If you don't have the Marti report for your car it would be a good investment.
  • edited May 2015
    Hi,
    Yes, this car was a great find. We've had it on the lift a number of times, no body rust at all. There a some small dings(not on the doors) on the trunk lid and upper fender.
    I did check out the Silver Mustang website and did find the 'YN' code(Color Swatch Paint Code Year Silver 1G, 1T, 1E, 1Q, YN 1979 - 1986 | 1993. It was on the very first line of the 93.
    I do plan on getting a Marti report next month. The guy I bought the car from said that the back seat still had plastic on it when he bought it 16 plus years ago. He took it off for me to see the condition of the seat and I had told him I wanted to pull the back seat to check for rust. He wasn't joking about the condition.