Need some photos

edited May 2007 in Feature Mustangs
Time to start thinking about restoring the interior... lots wrong with mine. I would really appreciate some pictures of triple white interiors (known to be correct) focusing on front headrests (don't ask), rear interior quarter panels, and top boots. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:bdimatteo@zoominternet.net">bdimatteo@zoominternet.net</a><!-- e -->.

TIA!
Beth

Comments

• Ok, here are some that I found that may help. Most are not from my car but look correct in that they match my car. These are just some small ones that I had around on my computer. I'm not sure if you need higher quality, for instance, if you are trying to reproduce something like the headrests. If you need higher resolution pics, more details, etc. just let me know and I can get it for you.
  • John-

Thanks, these are perfect. But they are generating a few more questions...

1. My headrests are large not small (I guess not original?) I know the interior has been replaced, as the embroidered ponies are blue not white -
    2. I have power rear window wiring in the back - didn't they all have switches in the speaker grill? My rear interior quarter panels are completely destroyed. Someone tried to steal the rear speakers before I purchased the car, so there is no cover left and the panels are only half there, so I have little to go on. I would think that all of the TWs would be consistent on this? Have you seen them both ways?
    3. Are the rear quarter panels covered in white vinyl? I haven't been able to tell in any pictures that I've seen. Since what is left of mine are black I assumed they had been covered, but those in the picture don't appear to be.

I'm sorry for all of the questions - I'm just out to make this car look as close to original as I can. I really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
    Beth
  • 1. my headrests are white w/ white embroidery
    2.i have Flat speaker grilles in the back, no window switches.. i dont think that our cars came with them..
    3.yes white vinyl
  • Beth,

I have had several fox body mustangs (2 convertibles). All of the Triple White (and yellow siblings) I have seen are like the photos posted above. No switches in the speaker grills. I have seen (pre 93) convertibles with the window switches in the speaker grill.

I have replaced (with original 93 parts) the right rear speaker (cone ripped). When I had the rear apart it did not have the wiring for a window switch. It is possible that it was replaced on your car or removed from mine? You may want to check your cars buck tag (http://www.triplewhitefox.com/mustang/id.htm) to verify it is a feature car. Occasionally the tags are missing if body repairs have been completed (replacement of the radiator support).

Good luck with your restoration.
  • My 92 also does not have the rear switch. The 92 - 93's did not have a switch. The 90 and 91's had the switch within the speaker grill. 87 - 89 did not have speaker grills and in it's place a small arm rest.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
  • 1. My headrests are large not small (I guess not original?) I know the interior has been replaced, as the embroidered ponies are blue not white -

The large headrests are pre-1990 and I think I remember some pictures of 1990 cars with them but none after 1991.
    2. I have power rear window wiring in the back - didn't they all have switches in the speaker grill? My rear interior quarter panels are completely destroyed. Someone tried to steal the rear speakers before I purchased the car, so there is no cover left and the panels are only half there, so I have little to go on. I would think that all of the TWs would be consistent on this? Have you seen them both ways?

I have had my speakers out as previously mentioned and do not remember seeing any switch wiring. I also agree with previous posts about that being a feature of the earlier cars but not on the 1993's.

buildDate1.jpg
    3. Are the rear quarter panels covered in white vinyl? I haven't been able to tell in any pictures that I've seen. Since what is left of mine are black I assumed they had been covered, but those in the picture don't appear to be.

I wouldn't say covered in white vinyl. They are more like painted white.
  • Yes, all 87-89 had the large headrest. The 90-93 had the smaller versions. Also 87-91 had the knee bolster that could slide in and out. The 92-93 did not have this feature.

Ken