93triple white on Ebay

I just purchased the triple white LX/LE from Ebay. It turns out my best friend knew the previous owner, so even know it has 128K miles on it, I knew it was a steal for $5k. I have drove nothing but mustangs for the last 15 years. But I dont know much about the LE's. Please help. How do u find interior parts for them? The interior is in very good condition for a car that has been a daily driver. The front seats are after market, and so is the suspension, stereo, and rims. Besides that the car is original. This maybe be sacrilegious on here but I am a speed freak. But I would like to keep it close to being a "Feature Mustang". Please guide me in my search. Thanks, and great site.

Comments

• Congrats on the purchase. I was going to call the guy today to take a look at it. I live next door in Voorhees so I thought I should check it out since it was so close but noticed it was not on ebay today.

How was the paint? Did he include any original parts like the white pony rims and hood? The seats I think could be easily replaced. Check Ebay out for 92-93 seats. If you can not find white, then you could always have them re-covered white and have the Pony added to the headrest.

How was the top? How does it run? I recently bought a 92 Feature here in NJ with the same miles and similar mods.

Ken
  • Welcome aboard!
    This maybe be sacrilegious on here but I am a speed freak.
    Quite the contrary...there is a good representation of those here that have a nice level of mods going like 935.0 , cobra2top and jkupka .

I don't know of any good sources for interior parts for our cars. Although, it looks like the car has most of the correct interior parts minus the upgrades like gauges, stereo, etc. I fully agree with cobra2top on his recommendation for seats. In fact, ebay is probably your best option for interior parts. They do show up occasionally; you just have to be patient.

I guess I'm kind of conservative regarding exterior changes but I have always liked the Cobra R wheels. For hoods, I never understood the appeal of some of the larger cowl hoods (unless there are engine mods to use that space) that some people do but I have always liked the Cobra R hood. Very tasteful. The only thing I don't like on the exterior is the white on the tail lights.

I don't know what you have planned but I hope you keep it what it is on the exterior (or go back to original for some parts) and let the speed freak in you take over under the hood. A sleeper would be cool.

Sorry, if I have offered too little information and too much opinion than you had hoped for. :)
  • Ken,
    Thanks for your reply and congrats to you also. You know I was too excited about the car and forgot to ask him about the seats and rims. lol. He said something about the seats and them being trashed, and I forgot to ask him if he still had them. lol. It has after market seats in it now, and I think i am going to leave well enough alone right now. As far as the paint is concerned, it was in good condition, but had a couple of spots that were chipped, but not too badly, but the rest was very good. The back seat needs some TLC, or to be recovered, and the rest of the interior needs to be cleaned better to my standards. But I went right over to Pep Boys in Marlton (10 mins from my house) and bought some cleaning products, along with a 160 deg thermostat. I took a ride to LBI, and it runs GREAT, but a little hot for my standards. Well maybe I will see you on the roads around here. You can't miss me. lol. Take care and good luck.

Joey
  • John,
    Thanks for everything, I love your site. Well I am looking for the convt covers that house the rear speakers. They are a bit dirty, and one of the screw holes broke off, and the back seats need to be cleaned and someday soon replaced. Besides that the interior is in good condition.

I also love the Cobra R hood, i am not a big fan of cowl hoods either. As you said, it is very tasteful as are the Cobra R rims. As far as keeping it original, well i think it is going to stay about the way it is. I really like its looks.
    Future mods as I have it planned now will be 331 stroker, and an Procharger D1SC, or a turbo. I just started a business and this for right now is my daily driver. So those mods are a long way off. For now I am just enjoying it and having fun. :D

Thanks again for everything.
  • You will definitely see me around town in my red feature. It's my weekend warrior but does make it out alot during the week (it's just too fun!) Here is a pic so make sure you wave me down when you see me!!

featurezainoed013gt1.jpg

Funny, I frequent the Pep Boys in Berlin and have ever since purchasing the car. A couple of recommendations:

Interior: my interior needed a little help too. From recommedations from this site I bought magic erasers and they worked wonders on the leather and the white panels. Just make sure you have some sort of leather conditioner on hand to put any oils lost back into the leather. You can also use it on the rims, they cleaned them up very well.

Exterior: I have been a fan of Zanio since I had 95 Cobra Hardtop Vert. The waxes (or actually systems) do an amazing job on the paint. My car like your has original pant and 128K. It took a good day to put on but the look is amazing. You will not be disappointed!!

When you get a chance post some pics on the site. I remember looking at the Ebay pics but want to see the R hood again. I do like that look.

Good luck with it

Ken
  • Thanks Ken. Wow, your car is beautiful. I had a 93 GT the same color, and I loved waxing it, the vibrant red is amazing after a wax job. I own a business in Medford, and I am usually in town, maybe I will start going to the Berlin shop. lol

If they are real Cobra R rims, (17x10 rear, 17x9.5 front) you can put some pretty big tires on it. Mine has 17x275x35 rear, and 17x235x45 front. I love big meaty tires. lol

Yeah I like the Cobra R hood also, subtle, but aggressive. The guy that had it before put hood pins in it, and they were cheap and dont stay latched, drives me crazy. I need new ones but they have to be pretty big to cover the holes put in by the old ones. Maybe I will try to find the same ones and just replace them.

I will get pics on here once I get a new digital camera, mine was stolen from my finances car, and camera phones dont do any justice.

Joey
  • Thanks for the complement. I'm a huge fan of red and this one is pretty "loud". I still have alot of work to do on it. The top needs to be replaced and the driver seats leather is torn. Like everything, I will fix things as I go along, no rush as I plan on keeping it for a long time.

The previous owner put the Cobra R's on. He got them off of ebay as there is a company that is selling them daily for around $900. My tires are 255 40 17's also from ebay. He also gave me the original pearl white Pony's but the tires are not great so I have yet to put them on. I do like the R's and will just run those and keep the Pony's in the garage.

Anyway, good luck with the purchase. I was a day late to see it but it looks like you got a great car.

Ken
  • it is a great car, just needs some tlc. Thought the convrt. motor was burned out, turns out it was a relay. :D Needless to say I was very happy to find that out.
  • similar thing happen to me. The rear passenger window did not work. The previous owner put in a new motor and nothing.

I ended up testing the motor only to trace it back to the switch. A new switch and I was back in business. It ended up being a simple fix which was nice.

Good luck with the car!
  • Well I replaced the relay and the motor still works intermittently. So, it looks like its still the motor, must have a dead spot in the stator. :cry: