I can't seem to find anyone who's willing to help with this...

edited August 2007 in For sale/wanted
Does ANYONE have, or have access to a pair of the convertible top tension cable clips for my 93 TWF? These are the small aluminum parts which are on the sides (toward the front) of the top frame. They're typically hidden under the sides of the top in correct installations. They're used to clip the tension cables into.

I need at least one (drivers side), but would prefer both. Please, any and all help would be appreciated, as this is holding up my ability to have the top replaced (and it's shot)...

Photos can be found here:
AHR-MustangWireGuide1.jpg
AHR-MustangWireGuide2.jpg

Thanks!
Anton

Comments

• I see that several parts vendors stock the cables but not the clips. I'm sure you know that already. Have you tried to contact a salvage yard? One that is online is MPS Auto Salvage. They have a list of available parts and no clips are listed, but, the site states that if you don't see what you need, call.
  • Thanks folks,

Yup, I called them early on and even a few times after that... They said that they don't have / can't get them and will only sell the entire top frame anyway... They also acted a bit like they couldn't be bothered with the issue...

Anyone else?

Anton
  • Wow-- that surprises me that MPS would not help you locate the clips on a salvage car.

Have you been able to find the Ford Part #? wondering if the clips were sold as part of the cable kit while Ford stocked them?

Please share what you find because I am sure this will be an issue in the future---
  • Hi,
    I've got the part number for these clips, but they have been discontinued.

E4ZZ-7652724-A

If you have a really good and friendly Ford parts man you might see if he can locate them through there obsolete sources.

Good Luck, Jerry
  • Thank you!

Any lead is appreciated... I'll give it a shot and let you know how I make out...

Anton
  • I would love to help. I have called all of my contacts and have come up empty. I have 2 hopes left if you don't find something faster. I am taking my Dad's Cobra to a custom shop that builds convertible tops I will ask if they have some or a source and I am going to a local junk yard here a week from this Sat. and I will see if there is a vert there that I can get the clips from.
  • Thank you sooo much! It's really driving me nuts because I don't want to have a top installer rig the tensioner cables improperly... I'd rather use what was originally intended to attach them...

Please let me know if you come up with anything...

Anton
    Butler, NJ
  • Are they rivited in? Yours look much wider than mine. Mine seem to be the thickness of a nickle or so. They sit very flush to the rail. There are no other clips to these other than the front, correct? I also went to a junk yard, and from a trashed top followed the cable all the way back, and there was only 1 per side. If you can rivit them in, I can grab you a couple next time I go. I will then shoot off a picture to make sure they are the same.
  • Thanks for the reply... I will take a closer look this weekend and let you know...

Thanks again!

Anton