help please!!!!

alright, suppose i should give some background to the problem here...my aunt has a 93 triple white convertible (she didnt even realize it was a feature car till i started looking up info on the car in general) but she got into an accident a few months ago which will involve the entire right side needing to be replaced. needless to say, even the shop she has it at is having a very hard time finding parts, particularly the door. can anyone here offer any suggestions as to where to get body parts, trim pieces, etc?........sorry, i wouldve added a pic to show damage but it says the file is too big

Comments

• One place I commonly refer people to for hard to find items is MPS:

http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/

I am hoping that other people here will also recommend places.

I deleted you double post which I guess was due to the confusing process to attach files here. Sorry about that. I also bumped up the file attachment size limit from 50k to 300k. I don't have tons of disk space to spare for this site (in fact, lately I have been getting daily emails from my web host telling me that I am over my disk space limit) but 50k seems unreasonably small. Hopefully, you can reduce it to 300k or less pretty easily. Then you should be able to edit you post and add it via the "I would like to attach more files" option. If you have problems resizing it you can send it to me and I will take care of it and attach it here.
  • If you are looking for the belt molding -- buy the standard black molding and have it painted white. The belt molding is the 1" white molding around the top of the door frame under the window. Same with the door molding-- the only way I hear is to buy the molding for a standard LX car and paint it with the white enamel--

This is the only way I can think of to replace/duplicate the parts that are nearly impossible to find.........hope this helps.
  • i really appreciate the suggestions guys...and to T.W.F. - ill pass on 2 pictures to you to see if you can do anything with them simply because i have no idea how lol
  • Here are the pictures resized so that they fit OK.
  • From the pics the damage does not look that bad. It could have been much worse. The rear quarters are not too horrible to replace-- The door & fender are fairly simple if the damage is not into the rocker panel below the door or into the firewall behind the hinges. Good luck with the car-- it looks like it is in very good shape from the pictures.
  • Outer panel Right - Convertible - Convertible 87-93 $581.68 This is a NOS part.