Salvage '92

edited August 2007 in Feature Mustangs
I have the opportunity to purchase the Hurricane Katrina salt-water flooded '92 Feature Car that I had previously mentioned. I finally tracked the owner down, as the car, the house, the neighborhood and pretty much the town are all abondoned. Car is complete and rust free, engine was never started after going under 20 feet of water and it has a 2" layer of sand on the floor board. What is this car worth? I offered him $200 and it looks like he will take it. Title is messed up in ugly divorce, but I can title bond it to get a salvage title. Don't want to part it, but it is definitely worth more in pieces. What do you think?

Comments

• Hate to say it but 20 ft under water,sand....part it.
  • What a shame! Even though I hate too say it. Parting it may really be the way to go. Electrically it may be a mess. But you could at least clean up some of the other important stuff ie: wheels, decklid and wing etc. Best of luck.
  • I hate to say it also but the car will never be the same. Under 20 feet of salt water, even if it wasn't salt water there is no saving the upholstery. Salt water is devastating to an electical system, not to mention how long the car has been setting now without being cleaned up.

The good news is hopefully it won't go to the crusher and it will become a donor car to save others from that fate.

Good Luck, Jerry
  • I conceed that the car would be a tremendous amount of work. And, parting it will probably be the best fate in relation to other feature cars missing the needed parts. I will get some pics soon. Everything is there, but the car has seen better days. I will keep you posted when parts become available.
  • Let me know if you decide to part the car out, I could like to buy the window molding. I just broke the short one on the passenger side next to my rear view mirror. I was soooooooo POed!!!! LOL. I hate when I do stupid things. [X-(]