Steering Wheel for a 92 Feature Car

edited September 2007 in Feature Mustangs
Hi all

I recently won an auction on Ebay for what was advertised as a NOS OE Ford black leather-wrapped steering wheel for a 90, 91, 92. The item # on ebay is 160152152207.

Anyway, I just got it in the mail and and a little confused since it doesnt perfectly match my existing wheel (which, for all I know, could be incorrect). Specifically, I dont see any Ford logo imprinted anywhere on it, the handgrip is smaller in diameter than my existing wheel, the buttons dont look the same, and the leather feels different (could be that its just more supple, but i doubt it). Did the feature cars come with a 'special' steering wheel? Anyone care to take a look on Ebay and compare what you see there to the wheel in your ride? Please help! thanks, Dan

Comments

• Looks just like the one on my 93. The Ford ensignia is on the Air Bag cover which is missing in the picture.

What is the Ford part No# on it, It didn't say on ebay. If you have that I can check it out for you.

Later, Jerry

UPDATE: I am not positive but I think the 92's came with an air bag. I did find this pic of a base steering wheel for the 92's on ebay to show you, it is not leather though.
    Item No#110168104698
    Looking at Cobra2Top's pics of his 92 it looks like it has the same wheel as my 93 with an air bag.
  • the seller just confirmed the wheel is correct for a '93 and not a '92. Drats
  • Hi all

I just posted the item for sale in the for-sale forum. thanks
  • the seller just confirmed the wheel is correct for a '93 and not a '92. Drats

The steering wheels in the 90 - 93 should be the same. All had the airbag and look the same. The only possible difference I can think about would be if it was wrapped in leather. I think the 4cyl's did not have leather.

Hope this helps
  • I too was not aware of any difference from 90-93. I agree that the base LX with the 4cyl probably would not have had a leather wrapped wheel. Although, checking a few sources I could not confirm that the leather package added a leather wrapped steering wheel.

BTW, it is a bit of Mustang trivia that 1990 was the year of the first airbag in a Mustang.
  • The more I think about it the more I would think the wheels are the same. I do not see Ford engineering a new wheel for 93 when that was the last model year of the Fox. By 93 they were looking ahead to the SN95, so I would think unless there was some safety issue, the wheels would be the same.