Any insurance update?

edited December 2007 in Feature Mustangs
I read the post regarding insurance. I don't like my Kelly blue book value at all.
Anyone else find a better way the old post left me hanging.... I drive less than 1500 a year ( probably less) and only have the car on the road from May to the first snow.

Comments

• We use Allstate and our agent has us on a program that allows me to value the cars appropriately via an apprasial and they also let us put them on "storage" for the winter basically comp coverage is continued but all else is suspended. With the two cars it gives us a substantial savings over the yearly rate. Take care. There are also some companies ie: Haggerty and others that some friends of mine use and they have been very satisfied.
  • I probably should be more proactive about posting my experiences, but, getting what I view as adequate coverage continues to frustrate me. I use Heacock Classic and have for almost two years now. My frustration has not been with them as they have been a pleasure to deal with. In fact, they just converted my policy to 'agreed value' since the car is close to their 15 year age rule for that type of policy.

Trying to nail down what my car is worth has been the issue. The value on my policy is probably a little shy of what it would cost to replace. I had an appraisal done but the number came back at such a level that Heacock asked for more detail behind it. I talked to the appraiser and he basically was no help in providing any detail needed to support his number. He told me he could help get another insurer to insure it for what he appraised it and recommended that I switch insurers rather than trying to convince my insurer of the value. That rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't want to be on any ethical boundaries (and thus I won't mention the other insurer by name).

So, I have been trying to determine on my own how much cars like mine (condition, mileage, history) are selling for. Heacock is still willing to work with me and recently sent me a latter asking me for an update on my progress is collecting information. It has been my lack of follow-through that has prevented me from documenting the value.

The bottom line is that now that our cars are approaching that magical 15 year mark, collector insurance with agreed value coverage is becoming a viable option through companies like Haggerty and Grundy.