She was stolen

edited December 2007 in Feature Mustangs
Our girl was kidnapped in between 4pm & 8pm Sunday night at work. She was sitting approximately 100ft from the entrance for the ER ( I work in a hospital). There were no cameras in this area though most thought it was safe considering the proximity to the ER which is also where the security office is.

I'm not quite sure why she was taken considering the shape she was in. The clearcoat was coming off over the entire car. The top has a couple little tears. The light covers were all fogged plus the tint was all peeling off. Oh yea, I forgot. The top was so out of alignment coupled with the rear quarter windows and the driver side window not working, there was about a 2" gap between the rear quarter windows and the driver/passenger windows. So to say she was in bad shape, cosmetically speaking, is an understatement.

The cop said that it may have been stolen to commit other crimes. There was also a Ford struck that they attempted to steal but it had an antitheft mechanism that shut the engine off.

Regardless of how battered and bruised she was, we always had it in our hearts on eventually restoring her. She was the car that my wife drove up when I first met her and what we drove when we first started to get to know each other over 8 years ago

So, So long girl. Maybe we will meet again so I can have the opportunity to restore you to your former glory.

Comments

• Hey guys we are really sorry to hear about your loss. A couple of years ago we had a car totalled that we had owned for 12 years so on a different note I can feel your pain. I have spent the last 3 years trying to find a replacement. Keep your head up and hopefully things will pan out and the ole girl will turn up. Remember that BZ Chrome Yellow paint really stands out. Best of luck. Chet and the gang
  • Jeremy, sorry to hear that. That really sucks.

If there anything that I can do to help via this site just ask. I can add a little blurb on my Mustang home page to ask people to keep an eye out for it, include the VIN, etc. I'll keep it there for as long as you would like.

I hope you find it or it finds you again.
  • Wow talk about good fortunes. A few hours after I posted this, my father in law ( who is a cop) called us and said they found the car over 100 miles away. It was left unattended. We were already sleeping when her dad left the message so I'm not sure if they will need to fingerprint the car or depending on how bad they messed up the steering column, if we can get the insurance company to have it towed back.

I never really expected to get her back especially in one piece.

That's what I call a Christmas present :D
  • AWESOME NEWS!!!! Now you can get started on the resto of the ole girl. See you were ment to get her done. Best wishes for the up coming holiday season. Chet and the gang.
  • Update

Car is still at the tow yard because they wanted to charge us $370 for the towing fees plus the days that it has been sitting there. We had to wait for the insurance company to chime in because we definitely do not have that kind of money right now.

The car is not drivable due to the ignition being smashed. The insurance company is towing the car to one of their places to be evaluated to determine whether the car can be repaired which I'm sure it can

Once they have done their assessment, we can take it to get repaired. I'm hoping they will tow it to the mechanics shop so we don't have to pay for the towing since we can't afford it.

All along, I was kind of hoping this was a prank for overhaulin lol. Ah what I would give for that to be true lol
  • congrats in her return. Here's my story. On the night before xmas eve in 2004 my car was stolen from my car port. The cops were on DWI patrol and they saw the guy _leaving_ my driveway in a hurry. There was no way he was gonna get away, but he did manage to smash the car before he bailed in an apartment complex. Many $Ks later she is better than ever.
  • Well we had a chance to inspect her. They cleaned everything out of the car of course but left the stereo which was odd. The hood has a dent and a tire print where they thought someone may have attached a tire to another car then pushed her which left the dent. They still couldn't say whether the tranny was gone as they haven't had a chance to lift her up and disconnect the linkage to see if they can move the tranny manually.

I'm hoping the tranny is still good as I'm afraid they will total her if the tranny is gone.