Center Caps

Does anyone have a line on new center caps? Looking for NEW white, and chrome ones. Any suggestions? Yearone no longer carries them, neither does Ford.

Comments

• Chrome pony wheels are still listed in the Ford Racing catalog. I checked Summit Racing's web site which sells Ford Racing products and it looks like they stock the chrome wheels as well as center caps. Hopefully this isn't like the Year One situation where they list them on their site but have them on perpetual back order.

Here is a link to the caps.

I'd really like to know where to get white ones myself.
  • Lighting struck today. I went to a hubcap shop about 30 miles from my house, someone told me they had a chrome pony rim. They were wrong. Hearing that made me mad I wasted my gas, but I was stupid enough to ask if he had any pony rim caps (not specific at all). He said let me check, and came back and asked if I wanted white or chrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well I said both, he brought back the caps, and had 2 used chrome, and 2 new ones, and 4 NEW white ones. After haggling over his already low price, I just love doing it, I agreed, and asked if he had any more. We gonto a conversation about all my cars, he left and came back with another set of eackind, NEW, NEW I say. I paid for all 16 caps, and almost wet myself, so I asked again, do you have anymore?, He came back with 2 more new chrome caps. All in all, I got 2 NEW sets of the white, and 2 new sets of the chrome, plus 2 used chrome. What a day. If any one is desperate for white caps, I do have 3 extra used sets that are probably a 9 out of 10.
  • Greg,

That's awesome. What a find and it sounds like you got a good deal!!! Would you mind sharing how good of a deal you got? I'm sure it will make us all even more jealous. :D
  • Please don't hate me, but I got all 18 caps for $340.00 plus tax. $367.79 total. To some it might seem high, but they WERE $47.99 from Ford when available each. I know, last year on E-bay I sold a set of new white ones I found, ( yeah I was an idiot, but it was all for the greater good) for $259.00 for the set of 4. I have also sold the 3 new sets of white car mats I had found, wish I would have kept one. Like I said, it was for the greater good. I started with an initial $3200.00 investment in my first car, and with the proceeds from e-bay I finished the restore of number 1, and bought and restored 2 other Features for my set of 3. I just wanted to thank you again Mr. Jones for the vast amount of information I have gathered from your site, and I hope that in some small way, I have helped you or another feature pony owner.
  • Yes I agree that this site has helped the preservation of the Feature cars. Mr. Jones deserves all of the credit for this wonderful site. What a great tool for keeping these cars alive and running.

I am hoping that if anyone out there has some extra cash they would consider using the the pay pal link to keep this site running. (this message was not endorsed by anyone who runs this site, but someone who understands the amount of $$ & time it takes to maintain such a fine archive of Mustang literature)
  • To some it might seem high, but they WERE $47.99 from Ford when available each.

I don't think that sounds high at all. You got them for much less than half of that original price and most were new. Thanks for the info.
  • just wanted to thank you again Mr. Jones for the vast amount of information I have gathered from your site, and I hope that in some small way, I have helped you or another feature pony owner.
    Yes I agree that this site has helped the preservation of the Feature cars. Mr. Jones deserves all of the credit for this wonderful site. What a great tool for keeping these cars alive and running.

Roughneck & 93trplwhtpony thanks for the props. [:">]
    I must have said it before but I'll say it again. This site is a labor of love.
    My wife just rolls her eyes when she walks in and finds me working on it. She just says "You and that car" or "You and that web site" and walks out. Luckily, she is very understanding!

I'm lucky that people contribute in all sorts of ways: some financially, some by registering their cars and some by sending me pictures and links to more information. It's really amazing how this thing really took off and how many hits the site gets every day considering how small of a segment of all Mustangs our cars actually represent.

Thanks to you both for your contributions. There's no question you have made a big impact on this site and help keep it going strong. There are so many sites that start up with a bang and then suffer from neglect. People like you help me to keep it updated with good content.
  • Just wondering if you would be willing to trade a set of the chrome caps for a set of the white ones? I have an extra set of nos white feature caps and 2 92 1/2 pearl caps. Let me know. I am looking and extra set of the chrome caps. Thanks Sincerely Chet Z. :D
  • Thanks for the offer, but would kind of like to hold on to them for a while. Search was painfull. I currently have 2 new and 3 used sets of white, so not much need for those at this time. Thanks again. I would be interested in the white floor mats though.
  • Hey no problem thanks for the quick reply. I just listed them on ebay, we will see how they do. I will sell them off and try to find an extra set of chrome ones. Thanks
  • Hi,

Was wondering if you wanted to sell a set of new white center caps? Let me know if you do.

Thanks,

Dean
  • Hey thanks for the post. I listed a set on ebay. my user id name is twocarnuts. they will be on there for a couple of more days. If you need the item number email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:twocarnuts@aol.com">twocarnuts@aol.com</a><!-- e --> and I will send it to you. Thanks
  • Hey Chet,

If you want to post the item number here or even the url it would be OK.

John
  • Thanks John for letting me do that. The ebay item number is 7969074327. Thanks again.. Chet