5.0 Placement

edited March 2008 in Feature Mustangs
I have been searching the web and not finding it. When I bought my 92, the previous owner removed the 5.0 emblems and put on red 302's emblems. They look OK but I always like the 5.0 so I bought some and they arrived. Unfortunately they did not provide any details on placement.

Can one of my fellow feture owners measure their 5.0 emblems location on their front fenders?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ken

Comments

• Ken, I really wanted to help you on this. But, I measured my car and got different results on each side. For the record here they are:

Driver's side. 1 7/8" from rear edge of fender

50BadgeDrivers1.jpg

From the above picture you can clearly see that my trim molding is crooked. So, measuring from the crease underneath the 5.0: 13/16"

50BadgeDrivers2.jpg

50BadgeDrivers3.jpg

On the passengers side, badge is 2 1/8" from rear edge of fender.

50BadgePassengers1.jpg

Bottom edge of 5.0 is 7/8" from crease directly below badge.

50BadgePassengers2.jpg

50BadgePassengers3.jpg

Sorry for the quality. The car is in the garage and it was getting dark. I couldn't use the flash because the reflection off of the white washes everything out.
  • Must have been the same person or persons that installed mine. They measure almost exactly as yours, even the same measurement on the right and left. LOL.
    Jerry
  • Quality is Job 1? :lol:
  • This is perfect. John, thanks for the great pics and Jerry thanks for the confirmation.

Looks like the guy who put both of yours on in 93 hopefully was working in 92 because that is the measurements I am going to use!

Again, thanks for the help!