bought the 92 Special Edition

edited April 2008 in Feature Mustangs
Went to see the car and told myself, just looking. Car was very dirty and the top was soiled from sitting under a carport for a period. The owner had woes and the car had been parked. Divorce, loss of job, ex sold his expensive gun collection, (he should hope she sold all of them) all led to his needing to sell.
Certainly not mint but I could see the paint was original and no dings, interior was in need of a thorough cleaning but no tears, and it was bone stock down to the silencer in the air box.
49,000 miles, 5 speed, everything worked.
It drove tight and the clutch and shift was smooth, and with no leaks on the concrete it looked to be good.
He was asking 6900 but I went home and called him and bvemoaned the deplorable condition he had let it come to and the missing boot cover and said all I could go was 5800.
Silence... then ok.
So I am now the owner of a 92 Special Edition Mustang in need of a good cleaning. Goes to show never be afraid to bargain.
By the way, in explaining to the wife why there is a Mustang parked in the garage by my 69 Chevelle SS, I told her it was you guys fault.

Comments

• Congrats on a super deal!!!
  • CONGRATS!!!! SUPER DEAL!!! It definitely pays to ask! Get her clean and get some pics for us to see!
  • Ahhh let the wife drive it on one of those nice spring days! She wont mind it a bit. Great story and deal. Best of luck with it and enjoy your new ride. Take care. Chet