Bought a 3 owner 92

edited April 2008 in Feature Mustangs
Found a 3 owner 1992 Limited with 24k. Extremely clean, extremely. Minimal wear on drivers seat, new tires (Cooper). There is no yellowing around rear speakers, seat belts, headlights are clear as any, motor is clean with no mods. It is an auto with 2.73. It has the wrong boot (black) which I will replace and the pocket on the drivers side door is torn. I have already ordered a new pocket and am currently trying to track down an OEM oxford white boot. The really cool thing about this car is that it has no a/c. I can imagine many made this way. The top looks fabulous. The rear seat like it was never sat in. The only down side I have on the paint is one small, few cm at best flaw by the antenea. I am pleased with my purchase. I contacted the second owner today based on info left in the glove box and they are in there 60's and owned it from 1994 til 2006 then sold it to a guy in MA and now I have it. The second owners only drove on nice days and the wife said she was could in the rain twice. I looked at several of these cars and most had a yellowing issue around the back seat...........the lack of that is one of the reasons I bought this car over others. Once I get Michelin Pilot XGT Z4's on all four corners, my oxford white boot, my map pocket fixed and a full tune-up, tranny flush, coolant flush, my air filter replaced my fuel filter replaced and a Motorcraft battery I think Ill have one of the country's cleanest Vibrant Red Limited. Has anyone here touced up minor rock,rock chips on the front valence with a correct EY paint pen or is it best to leave these minor, unseen from 2 feet blemishes alone?

Comments

• Congrats on your new car!
  • Let's see some pictures!

Good luck with the car, they are alot of fun!
  • Found a 3 owner 1992 Limited with 24k. Extremely clean, extremely. Minimal wear on drivers seat, new tires (Cooper). There is no yellowing around rear speakers, seat belts, headlights are clear as any, motor is clean with no mods. It is an auto with 2.73. It has the wrong boot (black) which I will replace and the pocket on the drivers side door is torn. I have already ordered a new pocket and am currently trying to track down an OEM oxford white boot. The really cool thing about this car is that it has no a/c. I can imagine many made this way. The top looks fabulous. The rear seat like it was never sat in. The only down side I have on the paint is one small, few cm at best flaw by the antenea. I am pleased with my purchase. I contacted the second owner today based on info left in the glove box and they are in there 60's and owned it from 1994 til 2006 then sold it to a guy in MA and now I have it. The second owners only drove on nice days and the wife said she was could in the rain twice. I looked at several of these cars and most had a yellowing issue around the back seat...........the lack of that is one of the reasons I bought this car over others. Once I get Michelin Pilot XGT Z4's on all four corners, my oxford white boot, my map pocket fixed and a full tune-up, tranny flush, coolant flush, my air filter replaced my fuel filter replaced and a Motorcraft battery I think Ill have one of the country's cleanest Vibrant Red Limited. Has anyone here touced up minor rock,rock chips on the front valence with a correct EY paint pen or is it best to leave these minor, unseen from 2 feet blemishes alone?
    Hey sounds like one cool find congrats! I spoke with Terry Mccoy who runs a registry for the feature cars and has build info on them and inquired to him regarding production numbers on the A/C delete cars. He stated that his info shows that about 10% were ordered without air so if his info holds true you do have one rare car. I am in the process of trying to buy the same car but it has 67k on it. We currently own a Yellow 93 feature that is an A/C delete car and has the am/fm non cassette 25watt stereo. Take care. Chet and the gang.
  • Once I get Michelin Pilot XGT Z4's on all four corners
    I went through trying to find those last summer. It turns out that they are close to the original XGT Z4's but not exact (different tread pattern). See here . They might be discontinued now as I don't see them listed on Michelin's web site. Tire Rack has low quantities of some sizes. If you are looking to find the real story on whether they are still/when they will be available, I found the "contact us" feature of the Michelin web site to be very responsive.
    my oxford white boot
    If you find a good one with the correct grain pattern, please post back here. Someone else here is also looking for one.