New owner of a 92 Feature Stang

Hello all, just wanted to introduce my self. Looks like I'll be searching this site often. My brother and I purchased a 92 Feauture stang yesterday. We're a ford family...he already has a 93 GT vert, a 91 taurus SHO+, and a ranger...i've got 5 thunderbirds (4 are 3.8L supercharged and the other a 5.0 stick ;) ), and dad has a 2000 taurus.

In any case, are there any other Feature stang owners in maryland?

The car is a one owner car originally from colorado. It was a daily driver but the original owner loved the car, kept it stock and was really good with maintenance. It does have small issues that will need to be worked on, but nothing major. I'm already searching the archives for cleaning tips and about the 'right' color for a 92 convertible top.

Aha! Newb mistake...i just saw there is a forum for introductions. [:">] If a mod can move this to the right spot please, thanks!

Comments

• Hi and welcome. Congratulations on the purchase! That's a lot of Fords that you have.

Besides the thread on tops we also have an interesting one on '92 door tags and the associated build date. It's worth a read.

If you get a chance, please register your car with the registry.

Also, consider coming to Carlisle. It shouldn't be that bad of a trip from MD. ;)
  • Carlisle is almost 100% this year since i've missed the last few years. I usually went with my tbird buddies, but this year i might bring the stang.

I see theres a pretty small number of 5 speeds in 92. Most of the ones i've just seen on ebay now are automatics. I will most definatelly register this car's info as soon as i get it tagged. Right now its sitting in my bro's house under a cover next to his 93 stang. SHould be a couple weeks.
  • Hey welcome to the site and enjoy your feature car. You have one unique ride in it. Carlisle is an awesome event and you would definately enjoy your time hanging out with the other feature owners. Best of luck. Chet and the gang.
  • I second the Carlise trip is awesome!! Last year was my first year with my 92 and had a great time meeting with everyone and talking features! John did a great job getting us all together and we had a great turn out.

I live in South Jersey and do head to northeast Maryland to visit friends alot. What part of Maryland are you from?
  • Yeah, i'll be looking forward to Carlisle guys.

Cobra2top...i live sandwitched between Washington DC and BAltimore. I live in Laurel, MD...which is pretty much 30 minutes south of baltimore and 30 mins north of DC.
  • Congrats on your new car!!! Do you have any pics?

You don't live too far from me. I live in Waldorf, MD and also recently got my feature car - 93 yellow and black.
  • Hey, thats not too far at all.

I have the pix from the craigslist posting. I haven't taken any pics my self....but I cant wait until I do! :D

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/ ... stang4.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/ ... stang3.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/ ... stang2.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/ ... stang1.jpg

as a matter of fact i know someone who might be getting another feature but in automatic...i should know by this weekend if he buys it.
  • Again, congrats on the purchase. I remember looking at that ad a while back on the DC list. It did not seem he had it up for sale long and I remember it being a good price. I forget, how many miles? It looks real clean and being a 5 spd is a plus in my book (as a fellow 5 spder!!)

Looking forward to seeing it at Carisle!
  • Great pics! Congrats again.
  • Yeah! My brother told me about the car I think on a wednesday, and friday we were driving it back from VA. It has 116xxx miles. The car is in really good shape, just for minor things. The main two being the front drivers seat and the convertible top. THe top seals good, but its going to get done asap since I dont want it to leak, but the seat is really more of an eye sore than a necessity. Oh, and the passinger door needs a door actuator and a the window gets a little stuck...that im sure its an easy fix.

My bro went to see another feature stang yesterday in Glen Burnie MD that he found on craigs list, but he said it was in pretty rough shape. Guy wanted 3k, but the car need alot of work (top, doors didnt lock, missing trim pieces, etc :cry: ) So its just one in the family for now.
  • Yeah! My brother told me about the car I think on a wednesday, and friday we were driving it back from VA. It has 116xxx miles. The car is in really good shape, just for minor things. The main two being the front drivers seat and the convertible top. THe top seals good, but its going to get done asap since I dont want it to leak, but the seat is really more of an eye sore than a necessity. Oh, and the passinger door needs a door actuator and a the window gets a little stuck...that im sure its an easy fix.

My bro went to see another feature stang yesterday in Glen Burnie MD that he found on craigs list, but he said it was in pretty rough shape. Guy wanted 3k, but the car need alot of work (top, doors didnt lock, missing trim pieces, etc :cry: ) So its just one in the family for now.

WOW, sounds just like mine! I bought my 92 a year ago and it needed a top, he drivers seat leather fixed, lock actuator, and the rear window was not working. Mine has similar mileage so I guess those are the things that go. The first thing I fixed when I got it was the window, fortunaltely it was only the power window switch went bad. I got a used one from MPS, hooked it up and it worked. I just had my top fixed this month finally. The seat is still not fixed but I am working with a company now to get them done. And I still have to use my finger and push down the locks as a new actuator has been sitting in a box for close to a year and still not in the car...too many projects, not enough time!!

Again, welcome to the club. Great group of people here! There is alot to learn about these rare cars!