7 Digit Odometer??

edited June 2008 in Feature Mustangs
Looking through the ebay yellow features linked to this site, it was noticed that the black interior one had a 7 digit odometer......anyone seen this before? Mine has only a 6 and then looking at others on ebay, even the Cobra's have 6.

Here is a pic of the OD from ebay:

13bl4.jpg

Any ideas???

Comments

• I just noticed that too when looking at the 2 yellows on ebay right now. I had never seen that either. Also, what is that thing below the radio?
  • I don't think that any "regular" fox Mustang came with a 7 digit odometer. My first thought was that it was an SSP unit. But, checking here, I see that it is not one as it does not have the "ticks" every 2 MPH. Interestingly, on the page I just linked to there is a 7 digit SSP unit. Left column; second from the top.
    Also, what is that thing below the radio?
    I think it is a radar detector.
  • Actually, cobras could get it, I think really any cars could get it, it was an option like a cd player... Ford called it the million mile odometer...
  • I was curious on this and searched ebay 1993 mustangs and did see another, just a GT and it had the extra digit. I guess it was a option like Rare 92 states.
  • I saw it too on Ebay and thought that it was an SSP unit but I do recall seeing a 93 GT that a fellow club member had that had the million mile marker.
  • That looks very close to the gauge cluster that was used on the SN-95's--- having the odometer as an option is a new one on me.
  • I was browsing my hard drive for window sticker images for a reason unrelated to 7 digit odometers and I noticed this (highlighting my own):

7DigitOdo.jpg

Rare_92 was correct...
  • Wow, Thats cool.. I didnt know that it was FREE!! I want one!! I am kinda tired of telling the dealership or wherever that my car has 13,000 miles NOT 113,000.. Then they dont even belive me.. [/:)] Oh well, I still love it [B-)]
  • The million mile odometer was required for any new vehicles sold in the state of New York. NY also required rear window defrost as well. The odometer was indeed a no-charge option, as shown on the window sticker.

Dealers from surrounding states often ordered it as well, so it was easier for them to sell to NY residents.