interesting 92 feature info

edited May 2008 in Feature Mustangs
I was trying to locate a reproduction window sticker for my 92 feature car so I turned to the Ford site and used their ask a question feature. I typed my question, received an email about 3 days later, then a phone call verifying info and today received in letter format a very nice letter breaking down my VIN and then a list of options the car was built with. The thing I was most glad to see was that my car has the 3.27 gear in it...I thought it was a 2.73. I looked at the tag on the axle in poor light with a bad flashlight and must have focused on the 27 part of 3.27. Another interesting piece of info on this letter is that it has the paint code listed as Vibrant Red with a paint code of EBG. I always though that in my door tag the EY was the paint code and Vibrant Red and performancve Red where one in the same. Any comments on that please chime in. I would love to hear from anyone on this site that has a 1992 Feature with no a/c and 3.27 rear axle. I'm trying to see if any others exist. My car is also listed as built on 6/2/92 with a unit number of 157639. How does that translate?

Comments

• I believe Performance red and Vibrant red are the same. As for touch up paint EY at the paint store got me the exact match.
    Non a/c car would be rare as for the axle I don't know.
    Is it automatic or stick ? As I recall, automatics came with 3:27
  • Hey, let me know if you get a repoduction window sticker... I want one too and i dont know how to get one!!
  • Hey, let me know if you get a repoduction window sticker... I want one too and i dont know how to get one!!
    I don't think that Ford will provide one. I posted a while back here on a guy that does them. In that post is a link to where you can get his contact information and examples. If anyone reading this does ultimately purchase one from him tell him that you were referred through this site. I don't get anything from it except the good feeling that I'm helping out another guy in our Mustang hobby.
  • Actually there's a guy on the SVT Performance forums who makes window stickers so good it's unbelievable! His member name over there is "93Cobra#2771" I spoke to him a few years back about a custom.
    I don't think that Ford will provide one. I posted a while back here on a guy that does them. In that post is a link to where you can get his contact information and examples. If anyone reading this does ultimately purchase one from him tell him that you were referred through this site. I don't get anything from it except the good feeling that I'm helping out another guy in our Mustang hobby.
    John is correct. We contacted Ford in 2004 about a replacement window sticker and they claimed then that their system would only go back 10 years. We also own a 98 Cobra and were able then to get a second window sticker. I have scene some of the reproduction stickers and they do look very accurate.
  • Actually there's a guy on the SVT Performance forums who makes window stickers so good it's unbelievable! His member name over there is "93Cobra#2771" I spoke to him a few years back about a custom.

Actually, 93Cobra#2771 is the same person my link above will ultimately take you to. His work is very good from what I hear. I am told via email by Ron that he is several months behind in getting them out.