Just a PONY in the dark!

Hello again Bob and to all who visit this great site,

In the process of detailing my Triple White with q-tips :) Bob, should I post pics here or send to you via email first?

I decided to take pics of the white wonder in the dark, some with the Las Vegas strip in the background. Seems to give more detail to the car than a sunny day due to it's color. Here is the link, so what do you think?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/deanl250/ ... /my_photos

For Now,

Dean

Comments

• Great looking car-- what a great place to enjoy a beautiful looking conv't. Wow- the interior looks exceptional

Just curious is that your A/C line routed to the front of the fan shroud / radiator?
  • John,

Sorry for calling you Bob! I have a business associate with the same last name as yours and I guess Bob came to mind when I wrote this post, Again, my apologies.

Dean
  • Dean,

No problem. I knew it must have been an honest mistake since we have communicated via email.

I like the shots at night. [B-)] Great contrast between the car and the background. It really makes it stand out. I agree with Roughnech, your interior looks great!

If you want me to add them to my pictures page, I will. I can just use the ones off of yahoo or, if you send me the original images, I can post them at a higher resolution, if you have it. I usually edit them to 800x600.

John
  • Hi John,

Thanks for the compliments from you and Roughneck, much appreciated. I will email you a few of the night pics and some taken during the day as well. I use a Sony digital cam that has resolution up to 1450x1280 and anywhere in between, but the file sizes are huge as the res climbs.

Roughneck, yes that is the A/C line running over the radiator shroud. I have looked at other 5.0's and the compressor is different than mine as well, so I called the ex-owner and she told me that due to the heat of the desert Southwest, the car was ordered with a heavy duty cooling package using R-12 instead of R-134. I put my test thermo in the blow vent and got a reading of 31 degrees and I tested it 3 times. So as it heats up here in Las Vegas I think that I will leave it be :D John, have a look at the ac line over the shroud and the difference in compressors and give me your opinion. All I can say is the ac in this car is coldest I have ever tested, so why repaint the peacock? :D

For Now,

Dean
  • Wow-- that A/C compressor is putting out some super cold air-

I do like the idea of routing the cold A/C line to the front around the fan shroud where the is some air movement. It probably helps a great deal in not picking up the exhaust heat from the firewall.

My first thought was that this compressor is an aftermarket, but I will check around the SSV website to see if there are any special service Mustangs that were set up like this.
  • Yeah Roughneck, that is what I thought when you mentioned it in your first post. By the way, when I did the temp check 3 times and got the same reading of 31 degrees, the car was idling. I didn't take it for a spin or rev up at all. Anyway, thanks for the SSV lookup that your gonna do, very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

PS to all>>> I will post how I made the top and interior so white. So stay tuned
  • Dean-

I have had no luck finding an A/C setup like yours. :?: I checked out sspmustang.org thinking that the police cars may have had a heavy duty cooling system. I have found nothing that matches your system. Sorry I couldn't help solve the mystery. Anyway, enjoy the cool air this summer....

Can't wait to hear on how you get your interior so white!