Driver side seat track

edited September 2008 in Feature Mustangs
Hello Group,

The power seat on my 93 works fine but the metal track that bolts to the floor near the door is broken. I assume it is from people sliding into the seat. At any rate it gives you an additional recline position that I'm not fond of.

What are my options for replacing just this bar that bolts to the floor? I have seen seat extenders that are supposed to relocate the seat back 3 inches and up 1/2 inch. Do these extenders replace this bar or work in conjunction with it?

I assume this is going to be a junkyard part if I need to replace the track but I don't want to pay for the whole power unit as mine is working. Does anyone have this part laying around or have a good mustang yard close to them?

Thanks,

Keith

Comments

• Keith,

I am going to be replacing my power seat track unit ($OUCH$) in about 2 weeks and should have what you're looking for (if you can wait)...

Anton
  • I had one that broke on our car as well. We were lucky enough to find one at a bone yard to replace it with. The metal where the bend is just before the bolt hole tends to be somewhat brittle over the years and cracks. I guess it is just a defect. Or poor engineering? Take care.
  • Anton,

That would be fantastic. I can certainly wait on the part. Once you have it available please get in touch on this board or via email: all4gss at gmail dot com

I'll be looking forward to it!

Keith,

I am going to be replacing my power seat track unit ($OUCH$) in about 2 weeks and should have what you're looking for (if you can wait)...

Anton
  • Keith,

I didn't forget about you... Should have my TWF back this week... Will e-mail you then...

Anton
  • Thanks Anton,

I appreciate it.
  • I finally got the car and old power track assembly back...

Which part do you exactly need? It's probably easier, albeit a bit more expensive, to send the whole unit..

Let me know...
    Anton
  • Hello Anton,

It feels like i've been on another planet. I haven't had internet access for what 3 months or better. Do you still have that power seat bracket? The piece I need is the driver's side metal frame that bolts to the floor and to the seat. If it's easier just the frame will work. I don't need the motor/harness though.

Let me know if you still have it.

I'm at all4gss at gmail.com

Thanks,

Keith