Power Window - Door Locks

edited May 2008 in Feature Mustangs
The driver's side window on my 93 was not working. I tested the switch and it was doing it's job. I pulled the window motor out, laid it in the floor board and the switch powered it but it was kinda jerky and slow.

Are these worth rebuilding or am I better off to buy a new one? I can get a new ford unit for $85.

The locks on both sides are inactive. Again the switch has power and is doing it's part. Any fixes for these door locks? These have been sitting for 4 years or so.

TIA

Comments

• Check with 5.0 resto and pick up a new one. Take care.
  • I just purchased the door lock actuator kit from late model resto - two actuators plus the rivets for something like $85 bucks (I've been shelling out so much these last few weeks, I'm not sure of the price off the top of my head). Can tell you that I am anal about researching prices on every item I purchase, and they had the best price on these out of everyone.
  • I just purchased the door lock actuator kit from late model resto - two actuators plus the rivets for something like $85 bucks (I've been shelling out so much these last few weeks, I'm not sure of the price off the top of my head). Can tell you that I am anal about researching prices on every item I purchase, and they had the best price on these out of everyone.
    When we were restoring our 93 Feature they helped us out quite a bit. Take care.